Reasons Why Big Corporates Should Go For WordPress
Reading Time: 3 minutes
After the arrival of WordPress 3.0, the title of the ‘Best Blogging Platform’ has taken a backseat and WordPress has finally attained the status of an enterprise– class content management system. Theme developers have new APIs that allow them to easily implement custom backgrounds, headers, shortlinks, menus (no more file editing), post types and taxonomies.
Multisite management is now built into the WordPress core and can be set up with a couple of clicks. Now the statement that WordPress could only be used for smaller website with its focus on blogging has become a myth. Below, we have mentioned reasons supporting why big corporates need WordPress and that WordPress 3.0 has opened the doors to more robust CMS capabilities:
- Free Open Source Platform: Since WordPress is an open source platform, you don’t have to pay the licensing fee for using it. But how does it benefit the big corporates? The development cost of these open source platforms is significantly lower than comparable proprietary platforms. For instance, if you want to run an ASP-based website, you’ll have to use IIS and purchase Windows. For this, you would go for custom design and development. This is going to cost you much more. Since PHP and WordPress are the common platforms and many individuals/organizations are already running the websites powered by WordPress, it would be very easy for you to find out WordPress developers who can build fully-functional websites at affordable prices. Moreover, there is a big WordPress community which is to improve each others’ code or change it to do something different. So you can always refer them for any specific type of functionality that you are looking for. Probably, they could find a solution for that!
- Huge Development Community: More than 11 million downloads of WordPress 3.0 have been done. And, the counting is still on. This implies that there are millions of users and developers who are using this platform and developing to make it more better. The best thing for WordPress developers is that the improvements to core security, bug fixes, and general upgrades will always be available to them at no cost. So, they keep themselves and their clients updated with the latest technology.
- Most User–Friendly: WordPress provides easy and simple CMS solutions. For those users who are not familiar with HTML or other markup language, a WYSIWYG editor is provided straight out of the box. It has a long range of plug-ins and extensions that reduces half of the work load of the users.
- Availability of E-Commerce Solutions: Whether you are running a small E-Commerce store or you have a large-scale international enterprise with complex selling needs, WordPress offers E-Commerce solutions to suit your business needs and that can be achieved with the WordPress multi-site and e-commerce. Managing a WordPress e-commerce store is just as easy as managing any other type of website. It will facilitate product browsing, better order management, incorporate marketing tools and techniques, and so on.
- High Scope of Extendability: WordPress is infinitely extensible. Plugins can extend WordPress to do almost anything you can imagine— in the directory you can find the download, rate, and comment on and all the best plugins. Want a social networking site? Want forums? E-commerce or the community portals? All of these features are available through the WordPress plugin architecture. You just the name the website and WordPress can make it for you.
- Search Engine Optimization Tools: Its features and functions guide the search engine through the posts, pages, and categories to help the the search engine spiders crawl onto your site.
Conclusion: The main goal of any corporate is to have high ROI. This is truly realized in this case. As the investment on deployment of WordPress is very small, but there are huge returns if the website is managed properly. Professional WordPress developers equip you with the tools you need to get your brand powered by the most popular open source CMS. If you have an experience working with WordPress to share with us, do write it in.
- 258 total views
- Aug 12, 2010
- Category : Cms