In today’s time, Magento development has gained an immense popularity because magento ecommerce development helps in creating an ideal website that is not only dynamic and user friendly, but also suitable for running an online business in an effective and efficient manner. Ever since its introduction in 2008, Magento ecommerce has come a long way. It is highly preferred by web developers as well as website owners. However, an important thing that should be kept in mind is that Magento development works successfully when it is installed using Apache Web Server (1.x or 2.x), Linux, Windows, or another UNIX-compatible operating system as well as PHP 5.2.0 or newer with simplexml, MySQLi, mcrypt, PDO/MySQL, DOM and mhash extensions. It will also require Sendmail-compatible Mail Transfer Agent (MTA) and MySQL 4.1.20.
If you have all these things in place, you can easily install Magento for Magento development by using a Magento downloader. One big advantage of this is that it decreases the size of the files which need to be converted into FTP format. Mentioned below are the 10 steps to install Magento by downloader.
1. To begin with, you need to visit a Magento website. You can download and decompress any one of the two files – .zip or .tar.gz installer package.
2. You will now require FTP to upload the decompressed files to web server in the public HTML file.
3. Now, you will need to compose a username/password and MySQL database for Magento development.
There is a small task that needs to be done before moving on to the next step. You need to install sample data in order to run the installer. This is available on the same page of the Magento site. This process is being involved in Magento development, varies on the basis of hosting provider. Therefore, you should always confirm with them about the process.
4. To make sure that the installer proceeds further in the right manner, it is imperative that the top level Magento directory has correct permissions. A magento developer can do this by going to the directory where functions for “Change Mode” or “Change Permissions” can be found. Now change it as per the requirement to enable web server to write the file.
5. Next you need to check the PHP version of the server. If it has PHP4 version then it is not ideal for Magento development. Therefore, you should upgrade to the PHP5 CGI Binary.
6. There is another important thing that you should check whether the server on which Magento development is going to take place is added with AcceptPathInfo on to a .htaccess file in the root.
7. Now surf to Magento installation wizard using the web browser.
8. You need to keep in mind that, while using the installer version, the installation process will run on the downloader.
Now what happens is that the downloader tries to download all the necessary components. You will find ‘warning’ messages during the process. These are nothing to be worried about. Simply continue with the process by clicking on “Continue magento Installation”.
9. Next step is to configure various system level settings. This can now be done using the wizard. Magento developers can simply ignore any unwanted settings.
10. The final step is to get an experience of how the installed Magento development looks like. You can start developing the online store by simply entering the admin back-end and start.
Here you are done with installing Magento using a downloader. If you follow the above mentioned 10 steps in a right manner, you will find it quite easy to install Magento without any problem. After you complete these 10 steps, you will have Magento installed and ready to start with the online store development. Just make sure you do everything as it is required to be done.
Magento, a highly flexible ecommerce web development application and is preferred by a majority of ecommerce website owners as well as developers. The reason is that it […] - Read More