Adobe Edge: A New Web Motion and Interaction Design Tool for HTML5
Adobe Labs has launched its new version on 1st August 2011 i.e. Adobe Edge and that too for web designers as it should be of great interest to most of them.
Presently, it is free and only takes single minute to download. Abode is releasing Adobe Edge in such a way that it gets feedback from the people who would use a product like this such as Web designers. At this early stage of Adobe Edge, it will be updated on regular basis to add new-fangled functionality, stay ahead of growing web standards, and assimilate the opinion of user, just to provide the best functionality and user experience. This is not the end of Adobe Edge; as still more capabilities to come.
Adobe Edge mainly focus on adding rich motion design to new or existing HTML files so that it runs brilliantly on devices and various desktops. Below mentioned steps help you in creating animated HTML:
- Create new files and documents with the help of Edge’s drawing and text tools.
- After creating documents, import popular graphics such as PNG, JPG, SVG, or GIF files.
- Now, animate these elements with Edge’s property panel and timeline editor. All you have to do is to animate position, color, shape, size, rotation and more.
- Lastly, add some additional capabilities such as motion in existing HTML files to increase the expressiveness and interactivity in CSS-based HTML layouts.
Adobe Edge Preview is a new edition launched to the existing set of Adobe tools. Each tool has its own features and also supports different set of technologies. Some of the features are as follows:
- Intuitive user interface
- Visually author animated content
- Standards-based output
- Add motion to existing HTML content
- Reliable content on desktops and devices
- Import web graphics files
However, Adobe Edge is a standalone application that works independently of other Adobe tools. Moreover, they mentioned that this application is designed only for evaluation purposes. And also recommend that this should not be used for production systems or any type of critical work.
(Have been liking our posts for a while? Subscribe now! We’ll make sure that you never miss an update.)