“Wordpress is both free and priceless” says WordPress.org
WordPress is the most widely accepted and adopted CMS worldwide. It has just revolutionized the web design world. Now people from non technical background are maintaining their own websites and blogs. With this CMS, you can create, manage and edit the text so easily. Not only text, you can upload videos, images ,audios too. It provides amazing range of useful extensions and plugins which make the task even more easy and manageable. It provides support for trackbacks and pingbacks. But there is nothing which is just perfect and does not require further improvements. The technology always quest for just one more improvement and advancement. Similarly WordPress is coming up with new version – WordPress 3.0
WordPress 3.0 is going to be launched very soon. It would shake the world of blogging by making it more better. Bloggers, Designers and Developers are anxiously waiting for this new version of WordPress. You must be eagerly waiting to know about the new features of the wordPress 3.0. So look below for that:
1) Multi User Interface: The new version of WordPress has MU (multi-user) interface, which allows more than one blog to operate from the same installation. This is great if you are running multiple subdomains and you want to manage them all from the same place. WordPress MU will be merged into the WordPress Core
2) Instant Customization: With the new, easy to use administration configuration, you are now able to change background color, header graphics and menu variations with just a few clicks of a button. This would save a lot of time for theme designers. Isn’t that great!!!
3) Amazing Navigation Utility: The new customizable Menu option gives you the versatility to generate your main navigation. This menu system will have a drag and drop functionality utilizing a combination of your posts, pages and categories. With previous installation, you could not perform this task.
4) Select Username and Password of your own choice: The new WordPress will allow you to keep username and password of your own choice. You need to have admin as your username and that difficult random generated word as your password. Now the hackers cannot guess your username because it will no longer be “admin”. Earlier those who did not change their default username were helping the hackers by giving themselves half correct answer.
5) Custom Taxonomies: Improved custom taxonomies including hierarchical (category-style) support which means you could have a taxonomy called ‘Rating’, with sub-taxonomies like PG-13, R , U etc. With this, we can say that WordPress is moving from traditional CMS (only good for blogging) to a more usable and flexible kind of CMS.
6) Author Specific Templates: You can create specific templates for each new author. Now it will be easy for an author to mark his/her own post or entry with his/her signature.
7) New Default Theme 2010: The main objective for this is to have a standard theme for every year. The theme has Custom header, Custom Background, Clean Design, Multiple Widget Areas, Cascading Menus and lots more.
WordPress 3.0 is coming with lots of surprises. Designers, Developers and Bloggers are eagerly waiting for that. Nevertheless, WordPress is evolving at a rate no one could have predicted, and is fully morphing into a powerful and flexible CMS.
WordPress has long been as an open source blog tool and publishing platform, giving users a kind of software that helps in creating a beautiful website or blog. […] - Read More
There are several multi-vendor sites or online marketplaces that are reaping huge benefits today. A marketplace like eBay allows vendors to create their profile on the […] - Read More