In today’s day and age where websites have turned dynamic, one might ask to go for semantic coding in PSD to HTML conversion. To start with many might wonder what semantic coding is. It is the purest form of coding where HTML codes focuses on describing the content of a document rather than making it appear visually pleasing. So if you are converting a PSD to XHTML, semantic coding is the best option for you to describe the attributes of the XHTML codes. In the normal process of converting PSD to HTML template and PSD to CSS you should opt for semantic coding as this can go a long way in boosting traffic coming into your website.
One of the biggest drawbacks that normal HTML website had was with the visual appearance. With limited options, developers were restricted to plain websites with text and a few pictures. Most of the websites looked same and lacked interactivity that we see in today’s websites. With PSD to HTML and PSD to XHTML conversion, this problem has been solved. It allows developers to create websites, which are both visually appealing and also friendly towards the major search engines. Adding a bit of semantic coding describing the content makes it perfect. In other words, it won’t be wrong to say that HTML or XHTML websites which don’t use semantic coding are unlikely to fare well in today’s competitive cyberspace.
Why Semantic Coding Is Important?
• Describing the content of your website with semantic codes is the best way to attract popular search engine crawlers from Google, Yahoo and Bing. Since the entire content is well defined these crawlers indexes your website as and when you update the content. This helps you in ranking high on the search engine and attracting more traffic.
• Websites which have lots of pictures, multi-media elements and animations such as e-commerce websites, social networks and photo galleries need semantic coding as most of their content cannot be interpreted by the search engine crawlers and needs to be well defined.
• Semantic coding helps in speeding up the overall download speed of your web page. Add semantic codes when you convert PSD to HTML template. Semantic codes replace nested table, which slows the download rate.
• If you are running an online business and plan to target a niche audience converting PSD to XHTML and creating a SEO semantic website is a perfect solution to promote your business. You will be able to reach out to the audience you want.
• With semantic coding, you will standardize your website. This helps in coping up with the fast-changing world of the Internet. When the technology gets upgraded you can be rest assured that your website won’t be left behind.
• Once you apply semantic code while converting your PSD to CSS, updating your website becomes easier in the future. You can apply design style to headings across an entire site instead of on a per page basis, which adds to your convenience.
• It extends your website to a larger user base and to people who are visually impaired and rely on speech browsers to read pages back to them. These programs cannot interpret pages, unless they are well defined, which can only be done with semantic coding.
• Lastly semantic coding does not contain any of the design elements of your website, and thus it is possible to play around the look and feel of your site without recoding the entire HTML and hurting your SEO score.
One of the important things that you should keep in mind while it comes to semantic coding is that it is a highly challenging job. Not every developer will be able to write error free semantic codes when it comes to PSD to HTML conversion or PSD to CSS conversion. Unprofessional work might let you done on the SERP (Search Engine Results Pages). You must hire the services of a professional organization where the developers have the expertise in semantic coding.