5 Great Tips for an SEO Friendly Web Design
Reading Time: 2 minutes
SEO friendly web design plays an important role in making the website more popular in search engines. An SEO friendly website is one which is optimized through different on page SEO techniques. If a website is well designed by professional web designers, but it is not SEO optimized then it can’t perform well in search engines. So, an SEO friendly web design is very important to for a website to be easily crawled and indexed by search engines. Here are some of the important points by which you can easily give an SEO friendly design to your website.
Stay Informed- How to Choose an Ideal CMS for Website?
- Use of Title Tag: Title is the most important element of a web page, which should be written with due care. Title must include the most important keywords of a web page. Sometimes we see the web pages which only contain company name in the title tag, which is not correct from SEO point of view. Titles are first crawled by search engines, so it must include the keywords that you want to rank in search engines.
- Meta Tags: Meta tags contain meta keywords and description. In meta keywords tag you can place all the targeted keywords and key phrases of that page and meta description tag contains a brief about the web page. In addition to this, every web page must contain one heading tag which is written in H1 tag of HTML. Most targeted keyword of the web page is written in H1 tag. After this less important keywords or secondary keywords can be written in H2 and H3 tags.
- Image Optimization: To optimize images, alt tag is used. Important keywords or key phrases are written inside the alt tag to describe the image. Images can’t be read by search engines, but an alt tag can well describe an image to search engines. And then search engines can easily read the image through its alt text.
- Sitemap: Sitemap is very important for a website specially when you have a dynamic site or a site with thousands or lakhs of pages. Websites with large number of pages and dynamic sites can’t be easily crawled by the search engines. To overcome this problem xml sitemap is used. XML sitemap helps in crawling all the web pages of a website very easily.
- Responsive Web Design: Responsiveness plays an important role in the SEO of a website. A responsive website– a website compatible to the various mobile devices– can enhance the search engine visibility of any website. Here I’ll share with you an informative infographic which explains best practices of responsive web design.
Search engine optimization plays a crucial role in the success of any website. If you follow above mentioned tips in web design, than I’m sure you can improve search engine visibility of your website. If you have any other query related to web design & development, feel free to contact PixelCrayons: a leading web design and development company in India.
- 234 total views
- Sep 12, 2016
- Category : Web