E-commerce business has seen a great surge in last couple of years. With increase in ecommerce popularity, many new entrants are checking their luck in this booming market, which gives rise to fierce competition. So, if you want to stay away from the crowd and want to make your online portal unique and successful you need innovative ideas.
In this blog post, we will talk about some essentials that help you in building successful and unique ecommerce website. First, let’s check infographic of ecommerce designing/development trends in 2016 so that you’ll get a better idea of advancements in ecommerce industry.
Here are some factors that should be kept in mind to get unique and successful ecommerce websites:
1) Let Customers reach to your product with lesser number of clicks: Always avoid creating a lengthy path leading to the product or may be which involves too many clicks. This annoys the customers and in this way, you are creating obstacles and increasing the time when they think and convert their thought into a substantial buying decision. There should be well planned categories of the products and further, these must be divided into sub-categories so that it becomes so that it becomes an easy reach for the customers.
2) Sell Products and not Design: Sometimes, we happen to see e-commerce websites that contain complex designs as if they are not at all selling products and want people to get confused by the complex designing of the website. Always remember, keep your eCommerce web design as simple as you can. The navigation pattern should be easily followed up. For example: If we look at Amazon.com, it has a very simple and clean appearance. It has no design as such but still the products are well categorised and can be clearly seen and selected.
3) Show High Quality Pictures: Since shopping online is quite different from shopping from physical store. So, providing customer with same feel and touch of the products can make a lot of difference. And, always use high-quality images as it would be perceived “sloppy” if otherwise. You can also place the pricing details and short information about the product as a standard and keep the details as an option for the customer to choose, if they are interested.
4) Notify Users on Each Level: It is quite common that people face a lot of difficulties in the delivery part of the product. There are few areas where you need to notify customer, which are as follows:
— When the payment has been made
— When, where and how the delivery of the product is scheduled.
— If there is some kind of delay
— If some issues occur, you need to inform customers on phone, rather than on mails.
5) Provide Online Support: Since not all the customers are used to shopping online, they might need support at different stages. It is very essential that you provide them with online support. Live chat support, which exists on every page with a clear link or image is a great way to meet this need. Moreover, this chat can be used as a great source of back up of customer database. This can be recorded for future reporting and analysis.
6) Let Customers add products to shopping cart without any registration: There is no need to ask for registration every time. Forcing users to register first and then, allowing them adding products to the shopping cart is good for nothing. In this way, you are putting constraints in the path of buyers. They might want to see what the sum of the money would be. Or may be, if there are any shipping charges. Its more than better to avoid this registration factor. Rather one should try and ease the ways for the customers to be able to explore the products and gather information about them.
By following the above steps in the e-commerce website, your customers are going to have far better experience visiting and shop from your website. This would generate revenue for you. Provide your customers with a great shopping experience and then, see the difference yourself. If you have any query related to eCommerce website design or development, you can contact PixelCrayons: one of the leading eCommerce website development companies in India.
Big data analytics is the process of examining behemoth amount of data sets containing variety of data to uncover unknown correlations, hidden patterns, customer […] - Read More