Website Maintenance: Why it is Important?
Author: Mark Wilston
Category : Web
For an online business it is very important to keep the website well maintained. It must satisfy the needs of its customers without any error on website. A well maintained website represents a good web design. Website maintenance plays an important role in proper functioning of website. There are many areas which need to be covered while performing website maintenance.
To start with website maintenance 6 main areas need to be covered:
Publishing: Publishing is require to keep the content upto date.
Quality Assurance: Quality Assurance is performed to identify the errors on a site.
Feedback Monitoring: Customers’ views and problems can be easily identified through Feedback Monitoring.
Performance Monitoring: Through Performance Monitoring customers’ activities can be measured.
Infrastructure Monitoring: Infrastructure Monitoring ensures a sound technical footing for a site.
Change Control: Change Control helps in managing the technical and other changes in co-ordination.
Website Maintenance includes various actions that need to be performed for proper functioning of website. Important monitoring points are:
- Broken links management
- Missing Page Titles
- Missing content or images
- Images resolution
- Spelling and grammar mistakes in content
- Use of proper headings
- Layout of webpages
- Missing headings
- Missing Meta Data
- Missing Alt Tags
- Different browsers compatibility check
- Functioning of online forms
- Functionality of java script or other scripting languages
- File size of pages
Website also needs to updated when something new is added or change in the company. Update your website when:
- Company has received a new accreditation, licensing or any kind of recognition.
- Company has launched any new product or service.
- Company has completed a project successfully.
- Received good reviews from client. Add this in testimonial section.
- Company has received any award for its services.