Web development frameworks are a powerful answer for businesses to accomplish a unique web app as they play a vital role in providing tools and libraries for developers to use.
Most businesses strive to seek offbeat web applications that can perform better and enhance traffic to the site. Plus, it is imperative to have such apps as the competition is very high in the digital world.
Developers find it sophisticated to use the libraries and templates provided by frameworks to make interactive and user-friendly web applications. Moreover, frameworks assist them in increasing the efficiency, performance, and productivity of the web development task.
Before getting deep into it, let’s have a quick glance at the below facts and figures below that will help you comprehend the utility of the frameworks.
- As per Statista, 35.9% of developers used React in 2020.
- 25.1% of developers used the Angular framework worldwide.
- According to SimilarTech, 2,935 websites use the Spring framework, most popular among the News and Media domain.
What is a Framework?
A framework is a set of tools that paves the way for web developers to create rich and interactive web apps. It comprises libraries, templates, and specific software tools. Additionally, it enables them to develop a hassle-free application by not rewriting the same code to build the application.
There are two categories of frameworks: the back-end framework, known as the server-side, and the front-end framework, known as the client-side.
The backend framework refers to a web page portion that you can not see, and it communicates with the front end one. On the other hand, the front-end is a part of the web that users can see and experience.
You can understand by an example that what you see on the app is the front-end part, and the communication you make with it is the part of the back end.
Top Backend and Frontend Web Development Frameworks For a Great Web Application:
- It has specific tools that work with the MVC framework to develop the web app faster and efficiently.
- Asp.Net can operate on Windows, cross-platform .NET Core, and the .NET framework.
- It implements asynchronous programming patterns to ensure high performance in web development applications.
The most popular businesses that use Asp.Net:
- Alibaba Travels
Asp.net is considered one of the best web development framework.
Django helps create robust web applications ensuring the efficiency and performance of the application. It provides specific tools that enable developers to build scalable, efficient, fast, and versatile web applications.
- It uses python language for web application development which is the most in-demand programming language.
- Django uses batteries included framework, which comprises authentication and messaging.
- It is perfect for completing the deadline expectations and crucial requirements of developers.
The most popular businesses that use Django:
GitHub stars – 47.5K
Django is one of the most used web frameworks as of today.
- Write Once Run Anywhere is React slogan, which is well suited to software developers developing for different UIs.
- It gives the best Server Side Rendering with excellent SEO support among all the Client-Side Web Frameworks.
- React implements VDOM, making the web apps run much faster than those developed with alternate front-end frameworks.
The most popular businesses that use React:
GitHub Stars – 145K
Due to the popularity of React, companies hire react developers in India and they are in great demand.
Laravel has several specific tools in its pocket that facilitate developers to stand it from the crowd and is relatively young to the list of mentioned frameworks. Additionally, it has left a long-lasting impact on the web application development world.
- Laravel supports MVC architectural patterns that use PHP language to build up the application. And it is one of the most popular programming languages for Web development.
- It offers dependencies injection to manage dependencies among classes and server-side rendering to ensure the web page performance.
- Laracasts is a screencasts tutorials website that provides several videos on PHP, Laravel, and front-end technologies.
The most popular businesses that use Laravel:
GitHub Stars – 57.9K
Laravel is one of the most popular web development frameworks.
Express is an open-source framework preferably used by developers to create a dynamic web application. Its minimalistic feature enables developers to execute the code directly on the browser.
- It uses Node.js language to build up the web application and ensures the smoothness of the web page.
- Express provides some core functionalities and supports MVC patterns with a 14+ template engine.
- With 10+ years of active involvement in developing the web application, it is enduring and highly performant.
The most popular businesses that use Express:
GitHub stars – 47.5K
Vue.js is a client-side framework that enables developers to use library components to build dynamic UIs and one-page applications. Moreover, Vue has an excellent package of accessories for all basic programming requirements.
- Vue offers both one-way and two-way data binding like Angular.
- Developers can effortlessly employ this open-source framework to amplify web applications.
- It is the best progressive Java framework to create dynamic web applications.
The most popular businesses that use Vue.js:
GitHub Stars – 158K
Spring uses the all-time favorite language Java to create the web application. It has the caliber to boost the web page’s performance and scale your business quickly.
- It is the part of the spring ecosystem that supports additional cloud-native development, batch processing, and several others.
- Spring uses Java language with MVC (Model-View-Controller) architecture framework.
- It has earned a reputation in the Java Community with the extension of the Enterprise JavaBeans model.
The most popular businesses that use Spring:
GitHub Stars – 35.5K
A must-read: Top Full Stack Web App Development Companies in 2020
The angular web framework facilitates the way for top Angular development companies to create progressive web applications(PWA). It is an excellent front-end platform that allows developing mind-blowing applications and creates high-end animations to enhance the user experience.
- The API of Angular is so spontaneous that developers can steep intricate choreography and animation with despicable code.
- It manages the data with an MVC pattern, enabling developers to split the application and complete the rest of the task itself, thus saving the coding time.
- Dependencies injections feature of the Angular makes the job easier for the developers.
- It works efficiently well with two-way data binding features.
The most popular businesses that use Angular:
GitHub Stars – 58.5K
9. Ruby on Rails
It is one of the most used web development frameworks worldwide that yields more incredible productive results. A developer can build the application ten times faster than a typical Java framework. Moreover, it is considered to be a beginner-friendly framework.
- It’s an MVC(Model-View-Controller) driven framework that uses ruby language to build web applications.
- This server-side framework uses the DRY(Don’t Repeat Yourself) principle and Convention over Configuration method to quicken the application’s development speed.
- It is vastly used in the industry, and some of the best applications are built using this scintillating web framework.
The most popular businesses that use Ruby on Rails:
GitHub stars – 45.1K
Ruby on Rails is the most lovable web development framework as per developers.
- It provides code browser compatibility where a developer needs not to worry about the bugs and other cross-browser issues while creating a web application.
- Jquery is lightweight as most functions are eliminated, and some others have been moved to the plugin section. If a developer needs them, he can add them to the webpage as plugins.
- It has vast community support as many developers are using it for creating web apps for a long time.
The most popular businesses that use jQuery:
GitHub Stars – 53K
Undoubtedly, a web framework is the most vital part of web application development as it boosts the development process. The above-mentioned web development frameworks are some of the most popular ones, and I hope you have understood the significance and decisive elements of them.
Hence, depending on your web development application requirements, you can hire web developers from India’s best web development company. In no time, you will be amongst those who are reaping the results of using web development frameworks for the applications.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: Which framework is best for web development 2021?
A1: Well, you can’t say which framework is best for web development 2021. There are many options available such as Angular (Google), ReactJS (Facebook), Node.js (Node JS Foundation), Meteor (Meteor Development Group), and many more. Although each has its own key features, pros, and cons, the best option depends on your use case and project requirements.
Q2: What is the best web backend framework?
A2: This is a tricky question as there are many web backend frameworks available such as Django (Python), Node.js (Node JS Foundation), Play Framework (Apache), ExpressJS (Node JS Foundation), and many more. Here too, it depends on your project’s requirements and use case scenario. So, it’s better to be informed about your project’s specific needs before deciding on what backend framework is best for you.
Q3: Is Angular front-end or backend?
A3: Angular is a front-end framework with lots of unique features to develop dynamic front-end applications. It is used by some of the major websites, including:
Q4: How do I choose a web framework?
A4: Choosing a web framework for your project is not a simple task. You need to do a lot of research and find out what the needs of your project are, then choose a framework accordingly. Make sure you go through the project’s following attributes thoroughly before choosing a framework:
- The popularity of the framework
- The flexibility of the framework
- The coolness factor of the framework (important)
- Availability of documentation and community support
- Maintainability of codebase after five years of development
- Availability of third-party extensions
- Platform support for the framework
- Size of the framework codebase
- Licensing terms of the framework
- Cost of ownership for developers
Q5: Which front-end framework is best for beginners?
A5: In the flock of front-end frameworks, Angular is an excellent choice for beginners. The syntax is quite simple, so you need to spend less time learning it, leaving you more time to build awesome apps! It has brilliant community support and extensive documentation readily available online.
Q6: Is Django frontend or backend?
A6: Django is a backend framework to develop dynamic backend apps. Besides, it has a large community of active developers and excellent documentation available online for free. Many web apps such as Instagram and Pinterest are built using Django.
Q7: What is the best web framework for beginners?
A7: If you want to learn everything from scratch, then go with ReactJS. It’s a front-end framework and very easy to understand, with lots of documentation and tutorials available online. There are many courses and videos on ReactJS, so you don’t need to worry about the learning curve.
Q8: How important is a framework for web development?
A8: Web frameworks are essential for developing modern websites and web apps. They provide a scalable and straightforward way to work with the codebase. They come equipped with useful features such as templating, routing, security, built-in MVC structure, etc. So it’s essential to choose the right framework for your project development needs.
Q9: What is the best framework for startups?
A9: Many factors need to be considered before choosing a framework for your startup. You need to make sure the team is proficient in your chosen framework, saving time and effort later. It’s also important to check if the framework has legal implications or not, e.g., licensing terms, etc.
An essential factor is the availability of third-party extensions and community support. It might be difficult for developers if you find it challenging to find a solution for your business needs. So choose wisely!
Q10: Which is the best framework for hybrid apps?
A10: Ionic is the best framework for developing hybrid apps, and it provides good UI/UX components to build native-like hybrids quickly. Also, it’s effortless to use because it’s built on top of AngularJS. Many extensions and tutorials are available online, so you don’t need to worry about the learning curve.