On July 19, 2011, one of the most popular content management system, Joomla, has been upgraded with its new release i.e. Joomla 1.7. The most highlighted features of this latest release are predefined search options, deterrent features against form manipulation, font setting for any specific language and lots more. Furthermore, it enables users to frequently migrate to the latest version and that too with immense ease. Security is the foremost aspect of this latest Joomla version. And that’s why Mark Dexter, Joomla’s production leadership team member, has stated that the ‘Joomla 1.7’ is the perfect CMS that will meet all security needs of your website and your business ofcourse.
The enhancement of Joomla to the Joomla 1.7 can be considered as a result from the true association of millions of Joomla developers and those users who are using Joomla since many years. This actually becomes possible by collecting the constant feedback from more than 2 million Joomla forum posts, more than 45 lakh forum members and about 8000 Joomla extensions. As far as its download frequency is considered, it has been downloaded for 24 million times for the last 4 years, and thus becomes one of the most popular and downloaded opensource content management systems.
Below are given some noteworthy aspects of Joomla 1.7 version which altogether have taken the Joomla CMS to new heights.
1) It has an ability of creating a search menu option with predefined search options which allow developers to create a menu that prefills the search fields, so that users can have a built-in search for a specific keyword.
2) It has an ability to authenticate the data while saving the operation. This feature helps in protecting your site against hacking and in saving invalid data.
3) It provides better example codes for various plugins, which help developers to create custom extensions easily.
4) It also provides a feature that enables the ‘submit article’ form to automatically set the article category. This helps admin to restrain users to a specific content category.
5) There are multilingual improvements also, that allow you to connect menu items in different languages in order to make navigation faster.
6) You are able to update your Joomla powered website to the latest Joomla 1.7 with just one click. The inbuilt updater of Joomla 1.7 will also updates for new Joomla versions and extensions too. This is the most highlighted enhancement of Joomla that has been introduced by improving the previous method of manually updating the latest version.
As present, Joomla 1.7 is the best solution for Joomla users as it provides the latest goodies. For those who are thinking to launch their new site on Joomla CMS, the latest version 1.7 would be the best option. Moreover, Joomla 1.7 has an impeccable compatibility with Joomla 1.6 templates and extensions. It is the most secured version of Joomla so far and provides you with the easiest way to update latest versions.
Below we have provided the links through which you can update your Joomla to upgraded version Joomla 1.7
• Upgrade Joomla 1.6 to Joomla 1.7 by clicking on Upgrade 1.6.5 to 1.7
• Upgrade Joomla 1.5 to Joomla 1.7 by clicking on Upgrade 1.5 to 1.7
• Install 1.7 from here