Thesis 1.8 for WordPress Released – The Latest Buzz!
Reading Time: 2 minutes
You are going to love the new features in Thesis 1.8 WordPress theme. It’s easier to use, smarter, more powerful, and more flexible than ever before! Thesis 1.8 not only incorporates WordPress nonce field protection, but it also boasts a refined data-handling system that will help keep your sites both safe and stable! This will definitely do the value addition in the content management solutions offered by WordPress. Let’s check out the new features in Thesis 1.8 theme:
- Header Image Uploader: customizing a unique header image is one of the great way to personalize your website. The header images should be clickable, CSS-based, and SEO-optimized, and let’s face it—this all sounds pretty technical. You don’t need to deal with all these technical issues, rather you just have to upload an image and thesis will do the rest of the things. You’ll love how easy these things are to use!
- Search Engine Optimization: Since search engines only show a specific number of characters in <title> and <meta> description fields. Thesis 1.8 helps you work within these constraints by offering character counters on appropriate input fields throughout the WordPress interface. This will indeed prove to be very useful to WordPress web design and development.
- Google Fonts: Google fonts are in trend these days. Thesis is the first premium website framework which gives you access to 28 web-fonts and that too free of cost. These fonts are web-safe—they’re served directly from Google servers, so everyone can see your fonts no matter what browser or operating system they have.
- Category and Taxonomies: With this new feature, you will be able to add a unique headline and unique content to every category, tag, or taxonomy page on your site. This allows for the addition of more pages which would be helpful to the users also. It also offers full support for custom taxonomy pages in addition to category and tag pages.
- Favicon Uploader: Favicons enhance your site’s brand. Quite similar to header uploader, favicon uploader is also very simple to use, you just need to upload the image and thesis will do the rest of the work.
- Custom Loop API: It is the new and exciting feature added to the Thesis 1.8. The Custom Loop API allows you to target and modify the content area of every type of WordPress page and, if you’re so inclined, every page of your website. This is like custom template system.
- Enhanced Security Systems: This incorporates a refined data-handling system and WordPress nonce field protection that will help keep your sites both safe and stable.
… Have you upgraded to Thesis 1.8 yet? If not, download it just now Or if you are already a Thesis user, share your experience with us in the comments below.
587 total views
- Aug 26, 2010
- Category : CMS