food delivery app like doordash
Food delivery is the second most popular app-based business after cab booking in the on-demand market. Limited investment, less ownership, more employment is the reason for this success. Food delivery aided through digital apps has emerged as one of the fast-growing developments in the e-commerce space. The advent of digital tools has bestowed a different outlook on the food industry. food delivery app like doordash
According to a survey, The business of delivering ready to eat foodstuffs from restaurants to home is undergoing a sea change as new online platforms enable food providers to capture markets and customers day by day. Worldwide, the food delivery market stands at 4 percent of food items sold through restaurants chains and fast-food outlets. This market has already matured in many countries with a growth rate estimated at 3.5 percent for five years down the line.
Here in this blog, I am going to discuss how to develop a food delivery app like DoorDash which is also one of the best food delivery apps. Let’s have a look at the quick definition.
What is DoorDash?
DoorDash is a food delivery app that is almost like Uber Eats. The brand was established in the year 2013 and is situated in San Francisco. With the help of DoorDash, you can order food from various local restaurants of your choice. It also lets people sign up to become food vendors (nicknamed ‘Dashers’) and inevitably lets restaurants sign up to sell their food to consumers.
According to a study, the customer research company Second Measure, it is the most influential app-based food delivery service in the United States, ahead of Uber Eats and GrubHub.
Features for the Food Delivery App like DoorDash
A profile restaurant is a feature that is used to show the restaurant profiles. The admin can edit, delete, modify the Restaurant data including the state of the restaurant are active or inactive.
Order is the main feature that will be used to place the order for the food.
The order history feature is used to show customers’ order histories, which include first order and last order.
The menu is the feature that will be used to show the list of food items and their prices.
Courier is the feature that is used to show the available courier list of restaurants.
Order status is the feature that is used to show the status of the order. This means that the order has been received by the restaurant, or under processing.
Profile setting is the feature that will be used to change the Customer name, address, and phone number.
The exit is the feature that will be used to logout from the application.
Advantages of Food Delivery App like DoorDash
#1. Easy to Use
The food ordering mobile apps like DoorDash are easy to use and offer high convenience with time and effort saving for the customers. This has encouraged more users to use mobile apps and order their favorite food online, to get them delivered to their houses. The UI/UX of these apps, along with the ease of navigability and efficient search options enhances the convenience of the food ordering apps. All these features can be integrated by the app developers.
#2. Flexible Payments
The food ordering mobile apps offer flexible payment options for the customers to be able to pay using various modes of payments, best suitable for them. The integration of various popular payment gateways offers flexibility and cashless transactions to the customers, thus encouraging them to use the food delivery app.
#3. Real-time Tracking
The food ordering software is equipped with real-time GPS tracking systems, such that the customers can track the delivery boy bringing their food, along with helping the delivery boys to track down the exact address of the customers
#4. Loyalty Points
Online food ordering often offers loyalty points to the customers for encouraging them to use the mobile app even more often. These loyalty points can be used by the customers to place future orders, thus helping them to use the app more often.
#5. Effective Customer Support
With 24/7 customer support facilities, the mobile apps can offer the best customer support, answering their queries, and assisting them in any need or complaints. Customer support has effectively become even more efficient, since the customers can connect to the executives, with just a few clicks on their apps.
Estimate Cost of Food Delivery App like DoorDash
Pricing and the budget are crucial considerations in determining how to continue with software growth. Although pricing is different from project to project, there are certain factors you can remember (which will factor in your app’s production costs) when you’re creating a food order app –
1. Settings and features that you like in your app
2. Android or iOS (Android normally costs less)
3. Integration or back-end development by third parties. Third-party integrations are favored if you’re short on funding because they’re cheaper, but they do accumulate massive recurring long-term costs. In the meantime, server backend is usually preferred, since it can be a major investment initially, but is favored over the long term.
4. If you like social media incorporation or an admin panel in the app,
5. The team or mobile app development firm that you select.
6. Upgrades and repair costs after the development.
So basically, it depends upon the features, functionalities, and customized things that will finalize the actual cost of the food delivery app.
Now, let’s discuss a little about the estimated timeline to develop a food delivery app like DoorDash
- In total, you need approx. 1000 development hours to create a food delivery app.
- Now, when it comes to setting the price, developers from different countries have various prices.
- Almost every developer will know how to make a food delivery app. But the key is quality and timely delivery.
- More importantly, it is essential to hire a team that knows how to create a custom food ordering app.
- An in-house team will charge around $100 to $120 per hour.
- In comparison to this, you can also look to outsource the work to the Ukrainian developers. The average price in Ukraine is $30 per hour and in India around $20 per hour.
- Lastly, you also have the option to hire freelancers to build the solutions. By taking this option, you can set aside a food delivery app development company. In this case, the price may be lower, the communication issues can damage your app.
This is how I tried to give you an overview of the cost and timeline to develop an app like Doordash. Well, it could be said that no actual cost could be fixed, it totally depends upon the features and functionalities you are looking for in your food delivery app.
And talking about the timeline to develop again it totally depends upon the number of features you are going to develop. So, being a business, if you are looking to get developed an online food delivery app at a good cost then contact a top mobile app development company in India. You can definitely get a good service at an affordable cost as well as with proper features.