The E-commerce sector has gained its highest efficiency after COVID 19. Magento Vs WooCommerce Vs OpenCart: Now it’s high time to explore the present-day ecommerce development platforms for your business and maximize their potential.
In the first quarter of 2021, U.S. e-commerce sales increased 39% year-over-year to $199 billion. According to Adobe, global ecommerce sales have reached $876 billion in the first quarter, and it is up 38% year-over-year.
The top e-commerce juggernaut like Magento, WooCommerce, and OpenCart leave no stone unturned to increase their market share and make an indelible place in the e-commerce realm.
Though other CMS platforms are also there, this blog focuses on comparing Magento, WooCommerce, and Opencart. Here, you will see a detailed comparison of the three e-commerce platforms, including their features, pros & cons, price, and more.
So, let’s start the technological drive of Magento Vs. WooCommerce Vs. Opencart. Here we go…
What is Magento?
Magento was launched in 2008 by Roy Robin. It is an open-source e-commerce platform built in PHP and offers online merchants a flexible shopping cart system plus control over the website’s appearance, content, and functionality.
The platform provides search engine optimization, powerful marketing, and catalog-management tools. Until now, there are millions of developers out there in the market using Magento for e-commerce development.
In 2018, Adobe took over Magento with a price of $1.68 billion to develop its commerce loop. This acquisition also benefitted Magento and doubled its importance in the enterprise market.
Recent Magento Stats:
No doubt that Magento is the popular e-commerce platform in the market, and its stats are backing its popularity. Almost every industry today is using Magento.
Below I have listed some important stats collected from the Maven e-commerce:
- Magento- 3d world-popular eCommerce software.
- Magento has 250,000+ merchants worldwide.
- Around 170,000 websites are built with Magento on the whole worldwide web.
- Magento presents 5000 extensions.
- There are 150 000+ Magento developers in the world.
- Magento occupies 1.4% of the CMS market share.
The Features of Magento:
Magento features’ list is comprehensive, and you will find everything that’s generally needed in e-commerce website development. Below are the top cool features of the Magento e-commerce website development platform.
#1. Catalog Management
Whether you are selling clothing, accessories, beauty products, electronics, healthcare products, or anything else– a catalog is the key component of every e-store. Magento e-commerce development offers exclusive catalog management features that include:
- Allows digital products’ downloading– videos, music, images, etc.
- Supports virtual products
- Edit & delete product reviews easily
- Export & import products for batch update offline.
- Highly customizable options like resizing and watermarking
- Complete inventory management
- Attribute sets for fast product creation of various product types.
- RSS Feeds and lots more
#2. Advertising & Marketing Tool
With easy e-store management, Magento development also helps you in promoting and marketing your products. There are lots of tool available there that makes your advertisement process easier and these tools include:
- Monitor coupon usage, manage newsletters & polls
- Cross-sell products
- Offers free shipping and promotes new items list.
- Promotional pricing restricted to some selected categories or products
- Option of distributing coupon codes across email, newsletter, and offline.
- Allows price variation on the basis of quantity and groups.
- Landing page tools for PPC, URL tools, new product promotional tools, etc.
#3. Order Management
The popular Magento ecommerce development platform provides an unparalleled order management system. Users get a lot of option, including:
- View, create, edit and fulfill orders straight from the admin panel.
- Full call-center support, product configuration, and change.
- Aids in printing invoices, packing slips, and shipping labels.
- Allows multiple invoices, credit, and shipments memos per order.
- RSS feed, email notification, fresh orders, and more.
#4. Tracking, Analytics, & Reporting
Magento web development provides a lot of options for tracking, analyzing, and reporting. It includes the following:
- Google Analytics
- Sales & tax reports
- Total sales & refunded invoice
- Abandoned shopping cart & low stock report
- Product review report and more
#5. Fully SEO Centered
Magento development services provide comprehensive options that make your e-store search engine optimization process simple. The SEO features include:
- Auto sort popular searches and modifies
- Generates Google Sitemaps
- Supports SEO-friendly URLs.
- Easy to Meta-tag products and information
- Fast loading options like less usage of minimizes .css and .js files.
#6. Complete Site Management
Being one of the best e-commerce development platforms in the world, Magento understands the importance of complete website management. It allows multiple website controls within a single installation.
- Control the website from the admin panel and share only the required information.
- Fully customizable template design.
- Multiple language options and currencies.
- Tax rates based on product type, location, and group
- Integration between Magento and third-party apps
- Captcha enabled websites and more.
#7. User Account
Magento development provides pretty easy options for user account management with many options and capabilities.
- Easy to understand account dashboard
- Save wish list with comments
- Store unlimited address
- Recent orders history & status
- Newsletter subscription management
#8. Mobile-friendly Commerce
It’s one of the most excellent features of Magento website development that you’ll get. The platform allows website browsing or selected products customized, especially for mobile users.
- Open for Android, iPhone, & Mobile Opera browsers
- Mobile HTML5 technology for developing mobile-friendly storefront
- Supports media files such as audio and video.
- Clear & user-friendly product display
- Swipe, zoom, & multi-touch
- Drag & drop etc.
#9. Local & International Customer Service Support
Magento e-commerce website development platform includes great back-end tools and community for customer support.
- Contact Us form
- Local & international currencies and tax rates support
- Order tracking, history, and email updates
- Contains international website registration, shipping destination, and payment options.
- EU cookie notification and more.
#10. Checkout, Shipping, & Payment
Shipping and payment are the most important concerns for users while choosing a platform for the shopping cart. Magento brilliantly includes a plethora of alternatives for shipping and payment options.
- One-page checkout
- Multiple orders shipment in a single order
- Shopping cart tax and shipping costs estimates.
- Integration with PayPal and other authorized online payment platforms.
- Full SSL security support for front-end/back-end orders.
- Free shipping, flat rate shipping, and order tracking.
The Pros of Magento E-commerce Development
#1. Magento has a Large Community of Users
Magento is the 3rd most popular e-commerce development platform globally and gained excellent community support in the past years. Currently, Magento has 250,000+ merchants worldwide.
As a result, you will always get instant support in case of any problem. There are many resources available today for the user’s assistance. This immense community support has inspired many retailers to hire Magento ecommerce development company in India to develop a robust e-commerce website.
#2. Magento is Flexible
Magento is an open-source platform; thus, you can modify the source code whenever you require. It allows template customization and provides the desired functionality.
Furthermore, the Magento development service also allows third-party integration for different purposes, like product importing and more. The platform’s robust flexibility makes it the best e-commerce development platform among all. Anytime you can check and analyze the website’s performance plus get real-time information.
#3. Magento is Mobile-Friendly
Mobile-friendly configuration is always essential for e-commerce success. According to a recent survey, it’s found that around 1/4th of online customers shop via their mobile. Though it’s not that web browsing is no longer in the trend, the thing is, mobile-friendly websites have become another shopping platform for customers.
Magento is mobile-friendly. You can quickly develop a mobile-friendly website that provides the best possible shopping experience to customers. It will bring a significant hike in your sales number plus a reduction in bounce rate.
#4. Magento is Scalable
While starting any business, we always have its future growth and expansion in mind. As the business grows, you should be competent in handling the increasing sales and products. It is the point where many e-commerce platforms are lacking today and hindering their business growth.
Though, this is not the case with custom Magento development. With it, you can easily manage the rising volume of sales and items. You will be surprised to know that the platform can support approx. 500,000 products and 1000s of transactions in a single hour. It’s a unique benefit and not possible with other platforms like WooCommerce and OpenCart. You can customize your website with ease.
But, still being a new or non-technical person, you can hire Magento developers in India. They are available at a fractional cost plus save your website bugs.
The Cons of Magento E-commerce Development Platform
#1. Magento is Expensive
Today, many Magento versions are available in the market. The community version is complimentary, while the business version costs you approx—$ 15,000+. Additionally, the Magento team has explicitly developed Premium Enterprise for large businesses; it can trouble your budget.
Also, add a third-party fee if you don’t know the process of installing its extensions. Thus, its price is a significant drawback. Otherwise, Magento is a popular e-commerce platform in the market and adds advancements to your website.
#2. Magento is Time-consuming
Magento has a slow loading time. Thus, making customizations becomes pretty challenging as compared to other top e-commerce development platforms. You can’t also easily switch from an existing website developed on the other CMS to Magento. The process becomes sucking.
Being slow is its flexible architecture, which makes the store setup process complex and time-consuming. Its poor speed is highly debated, too, because the only community version has poor-rate; otherwise, enterprise and premium enterprise versions load pretty fast.
#3. Hosting Problem
It will be great to use a dedicated server for Magento hosting; using other regular hosting platforms will be problematic. Moreover, you should configure it in a server in which you are proficient. Hence, hosting limitations are present here.
The prime reason behind the hosting problem is bulkiness. Furthermore, optimization needs more high-level skills and thinking. It is one of the biggest cons of Magento because it can lead to site crashing. Though you can also hire Magento developer to avoid these problems, they can keep these problems at bay.
Magento pricing starts at $1988.00 per month. It has no free version and offers only a free trial.
Basically, the whole Magento costs look like this:
- Magento Community –$15,000+
- Magento Commerce – $22,000+
- Magento Commerce Cloud- $40,000+
Companies Using Magento
Nike, Samsung, Adidas, Nestle Nespresso, Landrover, Ford, and Helly Hansen.
What is OpenCart?
OpenCart is a popular online store management system, developed originally in 1998 by Christopher G. Mann for Walnut Creek CDROM and later The FreeBSD Mall. But the initial release was in 2010. It’s built with PHP and MySql databases.
OpenCart is a framework and system offering many basic e-store functionalities. It’s used widely across the globe due to its developer-friendly environment, easy setup, plus huge online modules store where many are available free for installation.
Modules/ Plugins are the organized collection of files/code to integrate the existing system to increase its functionality.
Recent OpenCart Stats
OpenCart is a popular e-commerce development platform, and its current popularity and market share are proof of its significance in the market. The top industries like lifestyle, healthcare, and more are using OpenCart today.
The Built With stats has stated some thought-provoking stats that will definitely blow your mind. Let’s take a look:
- 969,448 websites are using OpenCart.
- 409,261 live websites are currently live on the internet.
- OpenCart occupies 1 % of the CMS market share.
- Around 138+ countries are using OpenCart.
- OpenCart is 4th most popular in the top 1 Million sites in the Multi-Channel category.
The Features of OpenCart
Choosing OpenCart for developing your e-commerce is a good decision. The platform has everything that you need to kickstart a successful e-commerce business in the market.
#1. Easy to Develop
OpenCart is open-source and built-in PHP and MySQL. If you know PHP and MySQL, you can quickly build extensions and customize your- store. It’s based on the DIY (Do it Yourself) formula where you just need to follow four simple stops.”
- Install OpenCart.
- Choose your store’s OpenCart theme.
- Add products and fill in product details.
- Configure functions & modules like languages, shipment, and payment methods.
And your e-store is ready. But, yes, for the proper guidance, you should also hire OpenCart developers in India. They will give your business the right direction.
#2. Multi-Store Functionality
OpenCart supports multi-store functionality. You can manage different stores from a single admin panel. What does it mean? You can:
- Set up customer groups for each store.
- Localize every store for several countries by setting foreign default currency, tax class, and language.
- Use various themes for different shops.
- Single inventory management for multiple stores
- Features & Extensions
#4. Features & Extensions
OpenCart is known for its high-level functionality. The platform has a wide range of in-box features. Furthermore, you can increase store opportunities with its 7000+ extensions.
- Multiple tax zones. OpenCart provides the option to set up numerous tax zones to pay taxes according to the country zone where goods will be purchased and shipped.
- Twenty-three payment gateways are by default set and extra ones in the OpenCart extension section.
- With an advanced report system, store owners can calculate the total sales per day/week/month. Moreover, you can also track the products in which your customers are more interested.
#5. SEO Friendly & Responsive
SEO-friendly websites are the key to reaching your potential audience by ranking in the top search results of Google and other search engines. This leads to the success of your e-commerce business.
OpenCart provides your e-commerce website with an advanced SEO-friendly and responsive nature. It’s well-equipped with all the powerful SEO properties and responsiveness that boost your site’s search engine rankings.
With OpenCart, all your pages get SEO optimized and indexed quickly. The platform has a lot of plugins that every ecommerce site generally needs.
Also, know the newly added features of OpenCart in its latest version, i.e.OpenCart 3.0
#6. Advanced Admin Panel
The OpenCart 3.0 has a brand new admin panel design. It’s more compact plus detailed, having minor touches. You can notice the improved look all over the admin panel.
Take a look at the new look in-depth:
- Improved user icon in the profile menu.
- The profile link directs to the editing section in the admin panel. Here, you can configure your profile details.
The user’s icon is one of the first things that you will find in the profile menu. For better guidance, you can also hire OpenCart developers, they will get the job done proper.
The Design section is also new, where you will find:
You can edit your OpenCart e-store direct from the admin panel. You will be using the Twig language. Also, you can select the template you want to edit. If you have a multi-store setup, you can edit the templates of your various store by using the “Choose your store field” mentioned at the top.
The new Theme Editor is an essential addition since it provides you direct access to modifying your default template and start improving your storefront design directly from the admin panel.
You can now edit all the texts in the storefront in any language. The language editor is easy to work with and understand.
#8. Multilingual SEO URLs
It’s a new feature that’s added in the latest version of OpenCart. Now you can generate
multilingual SEO URLs. You can use your e-store’s primary language in URLs and configure it for all the web pages.
The SEO keyword also gets moved to a new tab and the category editing field. If you want, you can use keywords in the SEO URLs and enable them.
The Pros of OpenCart Ecommerce Development Platform
#1. Simple Store Setup
The easy store setup process is the significant benefit of the OpenCart e-commerce development platform. Even it;’ developed explicitly by keeping the users in mind. Anyone belonging to a technical or non-technical background can quickly create an e-commerce website.
#2. Performance & Usability
Website speed is an important point and affects the customer’s shopping experience. OpenCart CMS provides a lightweight e-Commerce solution. It uses AJAX technology that reduces load time and boosts your e-store’s speed.
The admin panel of OpenCart is easy to use and time-saving as well. As a result, store management becomes simple as a pie. On the other hand, its shopping cart lets you use numerous features to increase usability for clients: one-page checkout, smart site structure to simplify shop navigation, handy search, and more.
#3. Saves Money & Time
Being open-source, OpenCart needs zero installation cost, and maintenance charges are also meager. The platform is compatible with any hosting. Thus you can invest in site hosting according to your budget.
You can manage the store and make customizations easily without hiring a developer. Well, it has both paid and free themes; you can choose accordingly. Therefore, you can save cost and time both with OpenCart eCommerce development.
#4. Offers Complete Control
Being an eCommerce entrepreneur, you should have control over your website. When you decide to go for OpenCart development, you get the complete control and flexibility to run a successful online business.
This platform provides you with tons of features/functionality and enables you to do almost anything you need to make sure your e-commerce business is booming. If your website has no built-in, you can download an extension or a module that offers you the desired functionality.
If there is no ready-made module you need, hire a PHP developer to customize your OpenCart CMS.
The Cons of OpenCart Ecommerce Development Platform
#1. Canonical Issues for SEO
When you start developing your website with OpenCart, you will find duplicate page issues. It’s one of the biggest problems while using OpenCart. You will find that the same pages have different URLs while going through the design process.
It creates a problem for your current SEO campaigns. You have to deal with canonical issues at a coding level to avoid linking equity from spreading to things.
#2. Slow Checkout Experience
Unless you opt for installing additional plugins, the checkout experience with the platform is slower than other e-commerce platforms. Though it’s available free, this problem can put you at a disadvantage.
You can sort this problem in two ways—change the programming on your own or choose additional plugins. Due to this reason, OpenCart is usually recommended for small sites having limited inventory.
#3. Challenging to Import Your Inventory List
Once you have uploaded your initial set of services or goods to your website, the SQL database becomes difficult for amending without premium service. You should maintain a complete inventory database separately apart from what’s available online to avoid data loss.
You can update the uploaded product information without a plugin. For this, you have to remove the whole old data to add new.
OpenCart is available free and costs you $0 for developing an e-commerce website. But, if you want to add some more advancements to your site, you can buy it for $24.00, which is available for 12 months.
Companies Using OpenCart
Rover.com, Jet Seo Tools, Knawat, Expeditetv.com, Unlockriver.com, and The APP Solutions.
What is WooCommerce?
WooCommerce was launched in 2011 by Mike Jolley & James Koster, especially for small and large-sized businesses using WordPress. It is an open-source ecommerce plugin for WordPress.
The plugin quickly became popular in the market due to its simple installation and customization process. It’s available free and adds e-commerce functionality to your WordPress website. You can create a fully functional e-commerce site in just a few minutes with it.
Recent WooCommerce Stats
WooCommerce also enjoys great popularity in the market and gives tough competition to the popular e-commerce development platforms like Magento, OpenCart, and others.
It is a powerful and versatile e-store tool.
The top market industries like healthcare, IT, and more are leveraging the advanced functionalities of WooCommerce today.
Now peek into the latest WooCommerce stats gathered from Hostingtribunal:
- Currently, 4,414,537 live websites are using WooCommerce.
- WooCommerce powers over 28.19% of all e-stores today.
- 7.4% of all websites use WooCommerce.
- Today 22% of the top 1 million eCommerce websites use WooCommerce
- 93.7% of all WordPress ecommerce websites use the WooCommerce plugin.
- With 68% usage distribution, WooCommerce is the most popular plugin/module on the entire internet.
The Features Of WooCommerce
WooCommerce is also a popular e-commerce development platform in the market. It’s an e-commerce plugin and competent in providing websites with robust functionality. Below I have listed the top features of WooCommerce, take a look into these once:
#1. Built For WordPress
The origin of the WooCommerce plugin as a WordPress is strong and provides a lot of advancements. The reason behind this development is WordPress’s massive popularity for being functional and flexible.
WooCommerce e-commerce development platform is developed for integrating with WordPress seamlessly, making it a clear choice for the users having a WordPress website. It connects you to the fast-growing ecosystem of WordPress.
Millions of businesses worldwide choose WordPress due to its advanced features and lay a strong business foundation. It’s fast, secure, plus easy to use. WooCommerce inherits all of WordPress’s strength and reliability. It offers the same advancements and functionality that WordPress does for developing a world-class e-commerce website for retailers.
#2. WooCommerce Is Made For Selling
WooCommerce is developed for e-commerce where you can sell anything. It has everything that a new eCommerce retailer want to get up and run the online store:
- Includes 100+ payment gateways; you can easily integrate them with your e-store.
- You can select from thousands of configurable and mobile-friendly free and premium WooCommerce themes or create a custom theme to give your e-store a unique look.
- Provides world-class documentation that guides new eCommerce retailers.
- An intuitive backend for managing stocks, orders, refunds, email, and everything you want to manage for an efficient eCommerce store.
- Contains various shipping methods with configurable shipping zones and shipping classes.
#4. World-Class Content Management
It’s something that you may expect too from the world’s famous CMS- WordPress.
WooCommerce is highly competent where content is a concern. As you know, content is an essential component of search engine optimization, eCommerce marketing, and sales optimization.
Together, WooCommerce and WordPress offer various content management options, including blogging, email marketing, landing pages, and product descriptions. WooCommerce is highly compatible with SEO plugins like Yoast WooCommerce SEO, making it easy for retailers to optimize the content accordingly.
#5. Powerful Analytics
Having a customer’s knowledge about their likes and dislikes is always suitable for running a successful business. The more you will take care of their needs, the more you will get sales and conversions.
For this, you need analytics, and Woocommerce provides a great set of analytics displayed in a clear and intuitive interface.
Additionally, you can integrate WooCommerce easily with external analytics like Google Analytics with extensions.
#6. Intelligent Shopping UX Cart
If a sale is the user’s destination, a cart is a checkout queue where the customer
can either bond with you, leave things in the way, or add more and be completely strong. There are many features available in WooCommerce core that make for a slick, seamless, and smart cart. These features include:
- Pre-installed payment gateways
- Allow or disallow guest checkout and force to secure all checkout processes on your e-store.
- Set the default currency from the different ranges of currencies available there.
- Geo-location support
- Choose to redirect to the cart page after adding the product successfully.
- Reduce page loading
#7. Flexible Shipping Options
Writing labels, box packing, and visiting the post office is part of every e-store. But, here, you should invest your time and money smartly in your other business aspects.
WooCommerce makes the payment, shipment, postage, and international delivery process easier with its impressive features. These are built into the core and available more via paid and free extensions.
Its core features include:
- Shipping calculations
- Cart calculator
- Flexible shipping destinations
- Multiple shipping methods & zones
- Shipping prices which you can hide optionally until a complete address is written.
The Pros of WooCommerce E-commerce Development Platform
The pricing is always likely to be a significant factor for us while choosing any e-commerce development platform. If you might have an idea, you know how the eCommerce apps range from free to many thousand dollars annually. But it’s not necessarily related to the app’s capability.
WooCommerce is competitive with the popular enterprise eCommerce applications. Still, any business can take capabilities‘ advantage without committing to costly support contracts or proprietary software licenses as it’s available free.
You may have noticed that the third-party payment applications and other extensions are chargeable, but it’s not the case with WooCommerce.
#2. Grows With Your Business
While choosing the e-commerce development platform, you should always keep its future growth in mind. It may begin small, but as it grows significantly and your website should handle this ongoing growth.
For this, you need an application that can support a store without imposing heavy complexity initially.
WooCommerce provides support to all stores, big, medium, and small. It can scale from a single product to thousands from a few to hundreds of shoppers every moment. Also, if possible hire a WooCommerce developer, they will guide you better and help you in developing a robust e-commerce website.
#3. Advanced Features
WooCommerce contains all the advanced features that a new webshop needs to function correctly. It includes a new product listing, order management, and more.
The platform allows the users to sell anything from digital downloads to physical products. Though, the code is kept lean with its modular nature, offering only the major features that a user needs at any moment. It means WooCommerce will work fast plus reliably with the basic features, but you can expand these whenever you need:
WooCommerce Main Features:
- unrestricted customization
- easily manageable product categories
- tags and attributes
- product sorting and filtering
- product ratings and reviews
- location customization: currency, language, & measurement units
- Unlimited product selling
#4. Vibrant Community Support
As you know, both WordPress and WooCommerce are open-source platforms; this means retailers can add or change features, build new extensions for free, and create customized themes. Whereas in other platforms, developers cannot perform this job, and if available, they charge high.
The retailers using WooCommerce can benefit from the developer’s vast pool. If you need any assistance, you can hire WooCommerce developer in India or anywhere across the world with ease.
The Cons Of WooCommerce E-commerce Development Platform
#1. Not For German Market
WooCommerce is developed in the USA and not optimized for the German market. It means you can’t sell your products in German or European countries. For this, you need other Plugins like WordPress-Plugin Germanized or the paid one supporting the German market.
These plugins make your business legally secure in Europe. They complement your online shop with various extra functions, such as an invoice PDF, unit price calculation, delivery note, VAT output in the right places, strike price, legally compliant checkout, and more.
#2. Don’t Include Legal Texts
Developing a website in WooCommerce is good, but it lacks some legality. In it, you will not find general terms and conditions, shipping regulations, revocation regulations, data protection declaration, procedural directory, etc., by default. Here, you need to consult a WooCommerce developer.
#3. First Test, Then Update
However, the main disadvantage is the updated policy and its dependency on the other plugins. It means, if there is an update in WooCommerce, you should not click on Update immediately but first do site testing thoroughly in a closed test environment.
It’s due to the multitude of other plugins that can raise huge problems with the store. The reason is that many plugins and theme developers are not so active with their updates.
WooCommerce is also available for free, but you have to pay for hosting, paid extensions, and themes.
Basically, the total WooCommerce costs look like this:
Hosting-$5-100 per month
Theme- $12 per year (depends on domain type)
Important Plugins-$25 – $89 for one plugin.
Add-ons (Extensions)-$29 – $79 per year for one extension
Companies Using WooCommerce
Porter and York, Barefoot Buttons, Underwear Expert, Marché du Pre, and Bluestar Coffee Roasters.
So, What’s Best Between Magento, WooCommerce, & OpenCart?
Technological advancements and operational possibilities have paved the way for viable ecommerce business solutions today. No doubt you have to choose from many options available today in the market. Above, we detailed the features, pros, cons, and pricing of all the three popular e-commerce development platforms to help you make the right choice.
Magento, Woocommerce, and Opencart, all three CMS stand best on their own, but we have to choose one when it comes to comparison and choice.
While making the correct business decision, it is essential to stack up and check what conclusions you can draw from your business nature– particularly when you consider security, performance, product management, and budget.
For this, you should question yourself the following things:
- Which one is more popular between Magento, WooCommerce, and OpenCart? Magento is the 3rd most popular e-commerce development platform in the world.
- Which platform is more secure? Choose Magento; it provides better security than WooCommerce and OpenCart.
- Which is more affordable? Though OpenCart is available free, you may not be satisfied with its performance. So, here go with WooCommerce. It’s cheap as well as provides better functionality.
- What’s better for the small business and marketer? Choose WooCommerce; it’s a WordPress plugin and offers tons of benefits. Well, you can go with OpenCart, too, if you have a limited budget. It’s also considered suitable for small businesses that cost you zero.
- Which one is better for a large or medium-sized business? Magento is the right choice for a large or medium-sized business.
- Which provides good product management? WooCommerce takes the lead in product management. It allows you to set up the store faster and choose to extend its features with extensions.
- Which provides better functionality? If you want to develop a robust e-commerce platform like Amazon and Nike, choose Magento.
- What’s suitable for a technical person? OpenCart, as it’s open-source and completely free.
- Which is SEO-friendly? WooCommerce scores 97 percent, which is the highest score after Shopify.
- Which is a top competitor of Magento in the market? Drupal, it’s also very popular and gives tough competition to Magento and if you want to know more about it, hire a Drupal developer. They will guide you better about Drupal website development.
Let’s Wrap Up
Therefore, the choice ultimately depends upon your business nature and requirement. You can see that Magento and WooCommerce are somewhere considered for the businesses. Though, OpenCart is also competent but unable to take the lead.
I hope you have got your answers and made your decision. But, always remember, whatever your decision is, consult an e-commerce website development company in India too. They will guide you better and help you in developing a business-ready e-commerce website for you.
😊Best of Luck!😊
1. Which is the best ecommerce platform to launch an ecommerce store?
Ans. Excluding all the above names, I want to suggest a name of the world’s most popular e-commerce platform named Shopify. It is a web app and lets you create an online store quickly with its available templates that you can customize and design your store accordingly. If needed further assistance, you can also hire Shopify developers. They will help you out in designing your e-commerce store.
2. Which is better, Magento or OpenCart?
Ans. Magento is comparatively better than OpenCart in terms of functionality, performance and community support. OpenCart also has a smaller community base.
3. Is Magento the best ecommerce platform?
Ans. Yes, Magento is considered as the best e-commerce platform in the world. It develops fast, optimized plus user-friendly e-commerce websites. The market competition is increasing day by day and choosing Magento for e-commerce website development will give your business a competitive edge in the market.
4. Which are the best ecommerce development companies in the world?
Ans. There are many e-commerce development companies in the world but talking about the best, they are PixelCrayons, ValueCoders, FATbit Technologies, and MakeWebBetter.