The world of application development is continuously witnessing new changes and innovations. From enterprise software to entertainment apps, developers are revolutionizing the application development process. With the emergence of smartphones, a new phase of mobile application development has gripped the world, and in the recent years, a range of adorable apps have hit the mobile world.
Image Source: http://trendsbird.com/
Today, most businesses intend to reach the internet users through incredible apps. This could be both desktop and mobile apps. However, when it comes to developing applications and achieving results, developers need to keep certain things in mind. Here are 10 important attributes that developers need to focus on when it comes to developing and deploying new-age apps to engage the users:
1. Apps for Mobiles: Small screen size often comes as a challenge for a developer. The focus should be on maintaining an optimal pixel density and easy touch interaction for an enhanced experience. It is also important to factor application functions into shorter and easier workflows.
2. Power of Cloud: Cloud can prove an important resource for developers, testers and others to collaborate and promote fantastic applications. MBaaS services could prove remarkable for the authentication and notification. Using Cloud, developers can avoid the need of installing expensive hardware as well.
3. Agile Development: Developers need to focus more on agile application development with the needed collaboration and team working. It also promotes the involvement of the users in the development process. The integration of social tools could also prove an important attribute for the modern application development.
4. Multiple Participations in Testing: Developers should ensure multiple participations from different stakeholders in the testing of the applications before releasing them. Using self-service portals, the application could be thrown open for testing and recording opinions from different users. It can help assess the performance and the application lifecycle.
5. App Store Delivery: When you deliver your application to an App store, it reaches to a broader user base. You should also include components and extensions in the app directories so that users can easily locate them for integrating and updating the application.
6. Integration of Analytics: Use of analytics could give you a rich intelligence about the usage of your application. This will help you in analyzing the app modules and other important elements of your application.
7. Enhancing User Experience: Design and specs should focus on enhancing the user experience. The front-end designing and application programming should turn the development process more user experience-centric with an objective of engaging users.
8. Social Integration: Since social networking is a new craze, the importance of the social integration can never be ignored. The user interface should allow users to explore the social networks and a seamless streaming of content from the social media. The social graphs and the social metadata can help improve the design patterns and the application functionality.
9. API Integration: The integration of an API can help achieve a comprehensive back-end development that can maximize the usability of an application. With an easy to use back-end platform, the complexities of an application could be reduced to maximize its accessibility.
10. Lightweight Development: A lightweight application would require less time to download and install. Moreover, users can easily and speedily learn to use it, and it will consume less memory and the disk space.
These are some of the important attributes that can help evolve enterprise applications, meeting the requirements of an enterprise and enhancing the user experience. These ingredients can play an important role in the development of the modern applications. However, even four or five of these characteristics could fuel the growth of the application development process where objectives could be met in a more prolific manner.