No matter how popular your website may be, you will need to redesign your website from time to time. This is important to keep abreast with the latest technological developments as well as to get over the monotonous factor. Custom web designing is very important if you plan to reap maximum benefits out of your website. However, website redesign is not just about changing the look and feel of your website but much more than that.
Points To Consider Before Redesigning
• Why Redesign? – Why do you want to redesign your website? Do you plan to change the entire layout or just tweak it? What are the new features that you would like your website to have? Will you change the existing technology with a more robust one? These answers are very important as once you know the goals you can easily find a way to get there.
• Custom Look – If you can stand out from the rest, you can win the race. Always opt for custom website designing rather than using freely available templates. If the look of your website stands out visitors will register this in their mind faster! You will compete among hundreds of a website of the same genre, and a unique look can go a long way in increasing your viewer ship.
• Developer’s Expertise – Hire the services of a professional web design company as they will offer you the best business web design services. Unprofessional and sloppy work can do more harm to your brand than you can think of. Keep in mind that redesigning is more challenging than developing a website from scratch.
• Technology – Another important consideration, do you wish to keep your website in the traditional technology such as HTML or opt for more user-friendly ones such as WordPress or Joomla? Think ahead while deciding on the technology as your redesigned website should serve you for a minimum of two years.
• SEO Factors – It is very important that your website has a good SEO score. The coding, the structure and the technology should be able to attract the search engine crawlers. The web design company that you hire should also offer you SEO services. Remember if you don’t figure on the search engines, you figure nowhere.
• Navigation and Structure – Poor navigation and structuring are two of the biggest turn offs for websites. Structure your website logically considering the categories and the sub-categories. Visitors should also be able to navigate through your website easily.
• Logo & Color Scheme – Are you impressed with your present color scheme? If not opt for a change as this will add to the new look and feel. Same with the logo and unless you are too attached with it and the logo holds popular brand value, you can consider changing it.
• Target Audience – Nobody is more important to your website than your audience. It is important that you identify your target audience based on geographical location, age group, behavior etc. Your business web design should reflect your target audience. For example, if you are targeting the youth, your website can be flash but for a religious website it needs to look more sober.
• Analytics – Does your website have an analytical tool integrated in it? If not ask your custom website designing service provider to integrate one like Google Analytics as it will allow you to track your visitors easily.
• Webpage Size – The golden rule – ‘the lighter, the better’. Try keeping the size of your page to the minimum without compromising with the quality. This will ensure your site loads faster and offers more convenience to the users. You need to keep in mind the fact that many of your users might be using slow Internet connections.
• Keywords Focus – Last but not the least you should also consider the keywords and key phrases that your website is visited with. If you don’t know it yet, ask the custom web designing company to do a keyword research and find the targeted keywords best suited for your website.
(Have been liking our posts for a while? Subscribe now! We’ll make sure that you never miss an update. And talk to our Web design & development experts now if you need professional help with your Web strategy.)