A perfect web design is very important for every website to be designed. A good web design is one which is very attractive and user friendly. There are many ways by which a web design can be improved. For this your website must meet all the qualities of a good web design. Here are 10 different ways by which you improve your website design and can make it more attractive for your visitors:
- Use CSS for text formatting: CSS(Cascading Style Sheet) can be used to make the code more simplified. Styles in a single CSS file can be applied to all the pages of a website. This helps in managing all the web pages only by formatting single stylesheet. Use of CSS file provides consistency to a website that all the text and images are formatted identically.
- Typography and larger Font size: Typography has an important role in modern web design. Modern browsers provide better font support and offers number of options to designers. CSS file can be used to format the text using right font settings. A website with larger font sizes can be read easily across multiple platforms.
- Contrast text and background: Text color should always be in contrast with its background color. Contrast color of text and background make the content more readable. Black-white are the good examples of using contrast. Any of the contrasting colors can be used, which gives a good look to your website based on its theme.
- Use of White Spaces: Use of white space should be given an importance. It gives the lines room to breathe. Line spacing for every font size can also be set in CSS file. It is a better option to control line spacing in CSS, as it helps in stopping mistakes and saving time.
- Break text into chunks: This is one of the widely used web design technique. Breaking text into relevant chunks or paragraphs make the content more readable and provides a decent look to your page. This is specially helpful when you have large web pages with lots of text on it. Only having a good content is not important, it should also be presented in a good manner with proper line formatting and paragraphs only then your visitors will take interest in reading the content. You can also use headlines and bullet points to more increase the readability of content.
- Add Images on page: Images improve the attractiveness of a web page and also helpful in representing the information of a web page. Every image to be used on a page should support the text information.
- Add a Sitemap: Sitemap is a collection of all the pages of a site. From here your visitors can easily check the available pages of the site and it is also helpful for returning visitors to check if you have added any new pages to the site. Use of sitemap is very important if you have a large website.
- Add a Favicon: Favicon is a small icon or image which represents the unique identity or brand image of any company. Favicon image appears in the address bar before the website url.
- Add a Contact Form: By adding a contact form on the website you can be more closer to your visitors. This makes a good connection between visitors and website owner. Link of the contact form should be placed on all the pages of site and it should be placed within the main menu. Contact us page should not only contain a query form but also contain your company address and phone number. This build up trust and confidence in customers about the company.
- Add Social Bookmarking buttons: In addition to contact us page you can offer other ways to your customers to connect to your business. You can give access to your social bookmarking/networks accounts on your website. You can add some important accounts like facebook, twitter etc. From here your customers can easily join your network and get updates about your new business products and services from there.
By applying all the above given steps you can give a perfect web design to your website like a professional web design or web development company provides.