Effective and organized workflow is the main requirement of the web developers. Time saving set of tools and effectual design can help to concentrate more on the core work. Internet is being used extensively on mobile phones, laptops, ipads, and tablets. This has led to an uprising demand of responsive web designing, in order to render an enhanced user-experience. There are many frameworks available in the market, which can improve the efficiency and speed of web workflow. But with the growing options it becomes difficult to choose the right framework for faster and effective development.
Let’s look at some responsive design tools to speed up the workflow:-
1. Lettering: This tool controls the appearance of the web type which helps in bringing out a creative look of your content without taking help of image-based solutions. For optimal user reading experience, it helps the developer to have a good hold over the typography elements like the spaces, kerning and leading.
2. Fit text: it’s a jQuery plugin which allows you to display the text on various devices effectively. The simplicity and flexibility of this tool gives the freedom to implement your creativity properly.
3. Fluid 960 Grid systems: Webpage layouts are the most important part of responsive designing as it is the main place where most of the activities happen. 960 Grid systems give easy and fast way to build a grid using the CSS framework. With preset column widths it allows your content to fit into it very easily. As the name suggests it has 960 wide pixels. It comes with 12 and 16 columns, but has the flexibility of increasing them as per the requirement. The Fluid 960 adjusts the layout to fit into the page efficiently.
4. Imgsizer.js: Placing web images properly is an important aspect in web designing. Clear and precise images are adapted and sized automatically to fit in the layout.
5. Grid less: If a grid system seems difficult to be adapted in webpage layouts, then designers resort to the use of Gridless. It helps in making the website compatible across various devices. It’s simple to use and easy to understand as it is one of the basic frameworks.
6. Adobe device central: Having clean images and a fluid web layout is not enough. It is essential to make the website functional across different browsing environments. This is where the Adobe device central is put to use. This tool is quite effective when it comes to testing the website for cross browser compatibility.
7. PxtoEM: This tool helps the developer in solving complicated mathematical equations with ease. The font size of the layout can be changed easily to help the management of mathematical equations.
8. Respond.Js: Responsive designs are not just meant for mobiles. In fact, they are meant to be functional across all browsing environments and devices. This open source script helps in executing media query driven designs on IE6, IE7 and IE8.
9. Web Developer: This framework helps the developer to add several web development tools to the browser and is supportive on Chrome and Firefox. This tool is quite handy for the developers while creating a responsive web design.
10. Modernizr: Like Respond.Js it allows the developers to use HTML5 and CSS3 in older browsers and also has the capability of handling media query driven designs. Another advantage of this tool is that it helps in loading many resources to the page as per the browsing environment. Developers thus get an upper hand while dealing with the load time and speed of a webpage.
Since every responsive web layout is developed using different and innovative ideas, it is not necessary that these tools will be effective in all kinds of projects. There are many other options available in the market to cater the different needs of the web designs.