Ecommerce or electronic commerce is one of the most advantageous byproducts of the Internet revolution. This involves carrying out business electronically using computers which are linked via network. Ecommerce website development has become one of most important facets of the entire web development industry. Ecommerce is a 500 billion dollar industry and showing humungous growth each year. Ecommerce web design is itself a multi-billion dollar industry with tons of platforms and applications offering the helping hand to businesses. It won’t be wrong to say that we are still at the nascent stage of this powerful revolution.
How Ecommerce Adds To Your Revenue
• Wider Market – Ecommerce isn’t bound by the barriers of time or distance. A customer can shop from anywhere in the world at any time of the day. This gives you entry into newer markets which isn’t possible with a traditional brick and mortar store. You don’t need a physical store in every market you wish to target. You can also target customers from across the seas with your online store
• Level Playing Field – With good ecommerce web development you can take on your giant competitors easily. Your start-up business has the same advantages as a multinational brand as your website is your only impression to customers. You don’t need to be a well-known retail chain or run publicity campaigns on the television and other mass mediums for promotion.
• Low Operational Cost – You don’t need to spend on a swanky office or rent a retail store in an upmarket mall. There is also no need for a huge storehouse with ecommerce business. You can have the order shipped directly from the manufacturer to the buyer saving money. Remember money saved in money earned so with this virtual model of business you will have more profits for yourself.
• Streamlines Distribution – It shortens the distribution chain and lets you target customers directly. You won’t have to part with a fraction of your profit at every level of the distribution chain and can keep a lion’s share of the profit even after offering attractive discounts to the customers which also increase the habit of buying among them.
• Reduces Human Resource Expenses – Since this model of business isn’t labor intensive you can cut costs substantially. You won’t need to hire sales person, security officers, delivery boys and store managers to cater to your customers. This is a self-service model where your customers choose products and services based on their needs. An online store can be managed by a single person from anywhere in the world.
• Niche Products Centric – Ecommerce is ideal for niche products where opening a store isn’t economically viable. All you need is a good ecommerce web design which can attract targeted audience to your online store and guide them through the buying process. So if you sell those exotic wines, old coins or collectible items ecommerce is the way for you.
• Error Free Business – Since there is no human interface in this model there are no errors and customer dissatisfaction too. From choice of products to monetary transaction, everything is processed electronically. This immune you against earning a bad name for yourself due to one of your errant salesperson. Customers like this model as they make choice based on their own discretion without any interference.
Along with all these advantages comes one of biggest nemesis of ecommerce – immense competition. There are thousands of online stores competing in the same space. You can overcome this by working on your ecommerce website development. Hire the best available resource for your ecommerce website design even if comes at a premium cost. In no time will you recover these expanses if your website holds edge over others. Remember a few products, a website and a monetary transaction model won’t guarantee you sales until your online store makes an impression on the minds of the prospective buyers.