Best Practices To Increase Your Mobile Commerce Sales
Reading Time: 3 minutes
Mobile commerce is changing the way businesses function today. This is not just a random statement but statistics reiterate this point again and again. 64% smartphone users are shopping using their mobile devices. But this is really the tip of the matter, things will get more competitive very soon, the industry will become bigger and definitely better in the coming year.
For agile businesses it should not come as a surprise that they need to make their website mobile-friendly now. This has been understood quite some time back. But just making a website smartphone or tablet friendly isn’t going to solve matters or boost sales much. The need of the hour is to know the ways that will increase mobile commerce sales. In this article, understanding the best practices to increase mobile ecommerce sales is the key focus. Let us take a quick look at some of the methods that are being increasingly used.
- QR Codes: Touted as the next big thing in the mobile commerce industry, QR codes are slowing penetrating the market. The quick response codes helps consumers get product information and shop directly from their mobiles. During the holiday season, businesses saw an increase in purchase through smartphones and tablets thanks to QR codes. Many established brands have already implemented the QR codes to their products and are smiling their way to the banks. The QR codes help customers make informed choices about their purchases, keeping the marketplace open and free-flowing.
- NFC: Near-field communication is a comparatively new technology which allows consumers to interact with real-life products but make payments from the mobile platform. NFC can be made popular only when manufacturers enable NFC on mobile devices. As of now Google Wallet leads the NFC technology. What Google Wallet does is it allows consumers to store their credit card information and other loyalty card in a virtual wallet, and later use the same to make payments on NFC-enabled terminals.
- Geo-Targeting: An advanced solution to attract the consumers, Geo-targeting is yet another way to improve mobile commerce sales. Geo-targeting helps find the geographical locations of consumers and give a virtual tap on their back, reminding them of offers, deals that can use while shopping online. More often used by advertisers to increase the conversion rate and give a personal touch to the messages, Geo-targeting can be successfully used to help consumers shop better. Through Geo-targeting you can tell consumers where to find the product, inform them about the offers and discounts on particular products etc.
- Use of Social Networking Sites: To see an improvement in the sale of your products, using the social networking sites effectively is essential. It goes without saying that social media has changed the way people interact with others and stay informed about issues. If social media can act as a catalyst for revolution, promoting products and boosting sales is not really difficult! Easy integration with the social networking site is essential to see success through this method.
There are a few other things that need to be taken care to further boost mobile commerce sales. Some of them are–
- Navigation: One of the essentials of mobile-friendly website is that they should be easily navigable. Usually e-commerce sites have different layers of links through a complex inter-linked process. But when optimizing the site for mobile devices, the complex set has to be simplified. Direct and easy links from the home page, known as site-wide navigation, should be provided.
- Search Options: The search tab is probably one of the most important buttons on a mobile e-commerce site. The reason: searching for products directly from the home page is easier than going through the step-by-step links. The search bar should be available from all pages and should catalogue all the products effectively.
- Shopping Carts: Shopping carts on mobile platforms need to be simplified without missing out on any important element. The elements that are to be included are ability to add more than one product into the cart, application of coupon codes, moving to and fro from the cart and a secured payment gateway.
(Have been liking our posts for a while? Subscribe now! We’ll make sure that you never miss an update. And talk to our mobile app developers now if you need professional help with your eCommerce strategy.)
509 total views
- Jan 4, 2013
- Category : Mobile