These days website development has undergone a sea change, thanks to the advancement in technology. In today’s time, developing a website is no more a time consuming, cumbersome and arduous task. New technologies have changed the picture. One such technology is WordPress. PSD to WordPress helps in developing an attractive and dynamic website.
The first method to create a WordPress theme from a Photoshop (PSD) file is to find a suitable theme compatible to your site. For this, you should prefer a WordPress premium platform and follow the instructions mentioned on the site. This method includes three steps in total. Following all these three steps in the right manner ensures that you get a suitable WordPress theme for your site.
Although this method is pretty easy, but you need to have some knowledge of CSS or the cascading style sheet.
• The first step is to copy all the images from the main platform or child theme you want to modify from theme’s images folder. Now open these one by one in Photoshop. Now before proceeding further, ensure that you have already created the PSD file.
• Open the default images in Photoshop and create new layers over them. Next step is to resize and position them properly so that they may fit to the dimension. Make sure that you should delete the layer of old images of the WordPress theme which you targeted to modify. Save it and then replace it with the originals. If you do it properly, this is probably the easiest method of creating a suitable WordPress theme.
• The last step involves the CSS part. You can use the various features of CSS to either modify the width of your WordPress theme or to add/remove more features.
This method is not only easy but also used widely by many theme designers in order to create beautiful WordPress themes, specially the child themes. This method also offers advantages like rock solid stability to your theme as you use a good platform. It is only the CSS and graphical parts that you need to change. Another important advantage of this method is that your main WordPress theme gets the full official support and updates. The biggest disadvantage of this method is that it is very time consuming. Also, it requires the expert who has basic knowledge of CSS WordPress structure to create the desired theme.
There is another method to create WordPress theme from Photoshop PSD file. This method makes use of a good Photoshop Plugin called Divine. This premium Plugin called divine costs around $200 and comes with a 30 days trial. There is no Mac Version for it. So, Mac users have to find an alternative way of doing this. Nothing to worry about as Mac users can do it by using VMware.
1. First of all, download or purchase the Divine Plugin. This is the main step required to create WordPress theme from PSD file.
2. Divine is an exe file. Therefore, in the next step, you need to double click it and follow the wizard to install it.
3. In the next step, you need to modify the bundled PSD files or you can create your own. In fact, Divine has many tutorials on how to create WordPress theme from PSD file.
4. Follow the wizard and you will get the desired WordPress theme.
5. Last, but not the least, test the theme on an offline or online installation. It is always better to test before applying the theme on website. This ensures that whatever problem it may have, got fixed.
Some of the advantages of PSD to HTML/WordPress are- it is quick and easy, and you can see what final result you will get. However, it also has few disadvantages like- it is a bit expensive and it has no support for Mac.