There are quite a few factors that determine how to select the best technology for your mobile app. Each method of developing a mobile app has its own set of advantages and disadvantages. In this blog post, we will talk about the main difference between native, hybrid and HTML5 mobile app development. In addition to this, I will explain some pros and cons of each method. So, let’s start.
Get 100% Money Back Guarantee by hiring from Leading Custom Software Development Company – PixelCrayons
1. Native Apps
Apps that are platform specific, that is – Android or iOS are called native apps. Native apps have a specific development environment and they are built within that only. Native apps provide a simplified environment for development functions such as debugging and project management.
1. These apps can be downloaded from the App store and can be used instantly by the end user. The developer and the user, both find managing a Native app very simple.
2. Native apps integrate with mobile device features like camera, location, address book, etc. These apps also integrate with other apps to benefit from additional features.
3. There is a huge community out there to help Native App developers build better apps. Native apps are relatively more secure.
4. Native apps are developed in the respective environment and benefit from the upgrades in the respective platforms
1. One major drawback of a native app is that it is restricted to a particular platform.
2. Native apps require more investment as it requires separate resources to design, develop and maintain apps for all the respective platforms.
3. Managing native apps is difficult, as any changes that need to be done, have to go through a repeated process for all three platforms.
2. HTML5 Mobile Apps
The challenge here is to develop apps that fit a variety of screen sizes. The overall user experience of native apps, however, is considered to be superior to HTML5 Apps. On the other hand, HTML5 apps save time and effort, as one has to write these apps once and then they can be used for multiple platforms. From an overall user’s perspective, native apps can be made more user-friendly as they fit the requirements of the platform for which they are being built.
1. Reduced costs and time required to build these apps
2. Business consistency across platforms
3. These apps are easier to maintain as compared to native apps
1. HTML 5 apps cannot benefit from the upgrade features of the respective platforms
2. Creating large and heavy apps (like gaming) is difficult to manage with HTML5
3. HTML5 Apps cannot be used when offline
4. These apps run on a browser and lack the desired quality from a UX perspective
3. Hybrid Mobile Apps
Since users demand the same apps on different platforms, businesses are increasingly switching over to this methodology.
Hybrid apps are faster to develop and also provide a great user experience. They definitely bring the benefits of both Native and HTML5 methodologies.
1. These apps do not require approval and can be updated while the users are using them
2. The application is consistent across platforms
3. Common web analytics tools can be used to analyze the traffic on hybrid apps
4. Reduced costs and time
1. Hybrid apps cannot benefit from the upgrade features of the respective platforms
2. Creating large and heavy apps (like gaming) is difficult to manage with the Hybrid model
3. The UX quality of Hybrid apps does not match that of Native
Choose PixelCrayon’s Blockchain Development services to save time & money.
As a business one must prefer hybrid apps over native and HTML5 apps. One must hire a suitable partner to develop precise apps for business. A partner like PixelCrayons would help in the development of mobile apps using all kinds of development methodologies. The best mobile app development company provides expert teams to provide innovative solutions for a unique mobile presence for all kinds of businesses. It also specialim_source=blog&utm_medium=<reactjs>-<4567>&utm_campaign=targeted%20domain/industry/audiences in the design and UI of mobile apps, ensuring that the apps are completely user-friendly, as desired.