Leaving behind an old image, web apps have become better and better with time. There was a time when web apps performed poorly, and the users were asked to download mobile apps for a better experience.
But now, web apps are improving, and users can browse whatever they like without any hurdles. So, we can say that the comeback has increased the demand for web app development in the market.
Here, in this article, we will introduce you to some of the top web development statistics for 2022, considering the previous year’s journey and stats too.
The overall security of web applications has continued to improve but still leaves much to be desired.
Table of Contents
Notable General Statistics as of 2022
- 1.5 billion active websites
- 4.54 billion unique internet users
- 4.14 active social media users
- 3.5 billion Google searches per day
Updated Web Design & Marketing Statistics
- Web traffic increased by a whopping 22% in the USA in 2020
- The daily online time spent on mobile phones rose to 155 minutes
- The total number of web developers and designers in the United States in 2030 is expected to increase to 205,000 from 178,900 in 2020
- Employment of web developers and designers is projected to grow 8% from 2019 to 2029
- The market size of the Web Design Services industry by revenue is $11.0bn in 2022
- 5.6 billion Google searches per day and 2 trillion global searches per year
- Decreasing mobile site load times by just one-tenth of second increased conversion rates for retail sites by 8.4%
Web App Development Stats: Key Pointers
- Hackers can attack and penetrate 9 out of 10 web applications
- They redirect users to a hacker-controlled resource, steal credentials in phishing attacks, and infect computers with malware
- Web application breaches are among the top three attack patterns, involved in about 43% of all breaches
- On average, 30,000 new websites are attacked every day
Web Development Stats: Vulnerability
- 83% of the application have at least one vulnerability, with 20% of the tested apps with atleast one severe flaw (Veracode’s report based on 85,000 app testings)
- Half of the internal-facing web app vulnerabilities are considered high risk
- One out of ten vulnerabilities is considered high risk
Top Web Development Trends & Stats
The following is the list of the top web development trends in 2022. Many of these already exist, but they are expected to widespread this year and in the future.
1. AI Chatbots
AI chatbots are to get more sophisticated by leveraging machine learning, natural language processing, and information retrieval techniques. Chatbots will improve operation speed with voice and text chats and the overall customer experience.
- The use of AI increased by 190% between 2018 and 2020, and more and more B2C companies and marketers are expected to start using AI chatbots
2. Optimized Voice Search
Data by Juniper Research has predicted that about 55% of all households worldwide will have voice assistants by 2022, and the voice search feature will be more relevant than ever.
3. Improved Native Cybersecurity
In June 2021, hackers scraped the accounts of 700 million LinkedIn users to acquire personal information, such as full names, emails, and phone numbers. With such an alarming number, web developers have adapted ways to protect company and customer data. Application-based multi-factor authentication like Google Authenticator, patch management, and Security Operation Centers (SOC) are being integrated.
Web Design Stats
- 38% of the visitors stop engaging with a website if the website content or layout is not attractive
- 88% of web browsers are less likely to return to a site after a bad experience
- Approximately 47% of people expect a website page to load within 2 seconds or less
- 59% of the people will browse or read through something elegant designed rather than something boring and plain
- About 64% of the total website visitors want to see the contact information of the company on its homepage
- WordPress is one of the most popular and demanding content management systems, and its market share is 40% of all websites
Dating Web App Usage Stats
The monthly active users (globally) of dating web apps, including Tinder, Bumble, and Hinge, collectively grew 17% in January 2022 compared to January 2019.
Bumble and Hinge have witnessed a significant surge over the last three years. In January 2022, Hinge MAUs recorded more than four times the reach from January 2019, while Bumble grew 96%.
Another giant dating app, Tinder, remained relatively steady over the same period since it already has a large audience, and the app remains the entrenched market leader.
Read Also: Dating App Development – Stats, Types, Features, Cost & Monetization Strategy
eCommerce Global Stats
The eCommerce sector is projected to reach $5.5 trillion worldwide in 2022. Evidently, the industry is booming. Post pandemic, online orders have soared, and about 2.14 billion people are still placing digital purchases globally.
Worldwide eCommerce Growth Stats
The Covid-19 pandemic accelerated the shift from physical stores to eStores by approximately five years. Here is some notable data:
- Digital sales went up by at least 25% in 2020, and above 80% of shoppers shopped online in 2021
- Retail eCommerce sales may reach $5.5 trillion in 2022, a 21% rise from the previous year
- eCommerce sales are expected to value at around $7.39 trillion by 2025
Reasons Why eShopping and eStores are Getting Popular
Shoppers have turned to online shopping instead of in-person purchases. The primary cause behind the massive growth of the sector is convenience and ease. Let’s explore the causes in detail:
Covid-19 and climate changes have changed the priorities of consumers across the globe. They are still shopping but looking for sustainability. Various surveys and reports show that carbon neutrality is vital in boosting sales.
- 73% of shoppers consider the impact on the climate while placing an order
- Stores with a climate-first approach grow 5.8x faster
- Cart conversion grew by 20% for net-zero purchases
- About 70% of online shoppers read one to six customer reviews before making a purchase
- Approximately 61% of online consumers in the U.S. shop after reading recommendations on a blog
- Free delivery is one of the most influential reasons digital shoppers shop from an eStore
- Easy return policies and offers, and discounts too influenced shoppers to purchase online
- 35% of consumers said they would shop online more if trying a product virtually was an option
- A survey showed that automated welcome emails had a conversion rate of 51.9%
Online Fraud Stats
Despite the best efforts of ecommerce merchants, fraudulent orders continue to rise. By 2022, it’s estimated that fraudulent orders will account for 1.66% of all ecommerce transactions. This increase is partly due to the growth of online shopping and the fact that fraudsters are becoming more sophisticated in their methods.
- A staggering 47% of fraud involves using stolen credit cards or bank accounts; experts predict this number will grow to 54%
- Businesses will lose $8.4 billion to credit card and identity theft alone by the end of 2022
While the increasing prevalence of cyber-attacks might seem discouraging, ecommerce retailers should be heartened by the innovation in security protocols.
Fortanix has developed a new data protection system called Blockchain-based Memory Encryption (BMX). BMX comprises two layers: The first layer encrypts data before they’re written to disk; The second layer decrypts them after they’re read from disk.
Read Also: Latest Web Development Technologies for 2022
Well, these are some of the facts related to web development stats. You can see how web apps have traveled their journey and made a quirky comeback in the market. Although sure to the outbreak of Covid19, web app development between 2019 and 2022 will be affected a lot, but with time, it will get resolved.
Considering the good part of web app development, you can hire web app developers in India to get the best and most authentic services without exceeding your budget.
Frequently Asked Questions
How often do ransomware attacks occur in 2022?
In 2022, ransomware attacks are expected to occur more frequently. An attack is expected to occur every 11 seconds. This is due to the increasing popularity of ecommerce and the growing number of people who shop online.
With more people shopping online, cybercriminals will have more opportunities to target them. Ransomware attacks can be very costly for businesses, so it is essential to be prepared. You can do a few things to protect yourself, such as keeping your software up to date and using a secure payment gateway.
What is the future of web development in 2022?
The future of web development is looking bright, with several new technologies on the horizon.
- In 2022, we can expect to see more AI and machine learning use in web development projects.
- Another big trend that will continue into 2022 is responsive design, which allows websites to be viewed on any device.
- We can also expect to see an increase in CSS3 and HTML5 in web development projects.
- Lastly, it’s expected that by 2022 there will be over 10 billion internet users worldwide – a number that’s only set to grow as time goes on!
Which web technology is best in 2022?
The best web technology in 2022 is hard to say. Web technology is constantly changing, so it’s difficult to answer which will be the best in the future. Web technologies keep changing, but CSS is expected to remain a prevalent web technology for building websites.
Also, what we’re really seeing today is a forecast of the future as it’s given in the crypto world. So, while it is difficult to predict which technology will dominate in 2022, I’m going to say one thing with confidence – crypto is going to be bigger than ever before.
Is web designing in demand in 2022?
The web design landscape is constantly changing, and all signs point to web designing being essential for the future. We see a lot of traction with WebVR and AR/VR, as well as HTML5/CSS3 and other shrinking technologies. There are many different ways to get started with web designing with some platforms that are currently in demand.
What are the latest trends in web application development?
It’s all about being creative and using modern technologies to make your idea a reality. With good web design and robust development, you can make a fortune while working remotely, reducing stress and finding freedom.
Also, new trends have arisen in recent years, like developing a single application or site with a focus on maintainability. Other trends include the amalgamation of multiple applications and sites.
It is recommended for developers to use React, Angular, Vue.js, and Redux frameworks like Webpack and Express solutions.
One of the most crucial trends in web application development is the interface. Now, more and more websites are using interfaces where users can intuitively control and interact with what they see on their screens.