- Looking for the best node.js frameworks for web or mobile application development?
- Searching for top node.js frameworks for the year 2020?
- Hunting for topmost node.js frameworks to stay ahead in the competition?
Here, in this blog, you will get the answers to all such questions. Let’s quickly dive into it!
What is a Node.js Framework?
Node.js framework is a combination of libraries, helpers, and tools that offer a way to create and operate web applications in an uncomplicated manner. A node.js framework builds the base layer for creating a web app.
The most important aspects of node.js framework, like any web framework, are its architecture and features such as support for customization, flexibility, security, compatibility with other libraries.
Top Node.js Frameworks
Express is a popular, fast and flexible Model view controller Node.js framework that offers a powerful collection of features for the web as well as mobile application development.
It has an amazing API that permits users to configure different routes to send/receive requests between the front end and database (which acts as an HTTP server framework).
Moreover, Express comes with a view system that supports more than 14 template engines and content negotiation.
- Express.js is attaining popularity with time. You can see the statistic mentioned below.
This statistic shows that the number of websites made with express.js is increasing every year. And yes, it can be easily predicted (on the basis of this stats) that this trend is going to stay consistent for several upcoming years.
- Express.js has more than 41k Github stars
Express.js Advantages & Disadvantages
- Quick application development
- I/O demand taking care of
- Open-source community
- Direct coordination of outsider administration
- Simple to learn
- Code organization
- Logic of modules
- Occasion driven callbacks
Meteor is a quite simple full-stack node.js framework for creating mobile as well as web applications. It is compatible with web iOS, Android, or desktop.
Meteor.js has the capability of serving large projects such as reaction commerce which is one of the largest and most popular eCommerce open source projects.
- Meteor.js is gaining popularity with time. You can see the statistic mentioned below.
It can be clearly seen that there was an abrupt increase in the number of websites made using meteor.js at the inception of 2018. Moreover, the graph shows a linear increase in this number in the year 2019.
On the basis of this stat, it can easily be forecasted that this trend is going to stay consistent in several upcoming years.
- Meteor.js has more than 40k GitHub stars
Meteor.js Advantages & Disadvantages
- Set of packages and libraries
- Constant testing tool
- Consistent client-server communication
- No rendering on the server-side
- No inbuilt support for progressive web apps
- Absence of native widget library
- Absence of MongoDB support
Koa.js is a new web framework which was created by developers behind Express. It uses ES2017 async functions. It is thought of as a smaller, more expressive and more robust foundation for creating web applications and APIs.
Moreover, Koa does not bundle any middleware within core, means the middlewares are more streamlined and each line of code is quite elegant and granular. Also, it permits you to structure the components in the way you want.
Furthermore, Koa employs async functions to simplify error handling.
- Koa.js has more than 23k Github stars.
Koa.js Advantages & Disadvantages
- Risen above Generators functions
- Code is considerably more reasonable
- Backing for Sync/ anticipate catchphrases
- Not fine with express style middleware
- A small community for support
- Not compatible with Node.js framework middleware
Sails.js is a realtime MVC web development framework for node.js created on Express. The MVC architecture resembles from frameworks like Ruby on Rails. Moreover, it supports the more modern, data-driven style of web app and API development.
Sails.js is able to generate API bookstore. For instance, sails offer you some basic blueprints and you do not need to write any code.
Furthermore, Sails.js is also compatible with almost all frontend technologies ranging from React, Angular, Android/Java, Windows Phone, etc.
- Sails.js is gaining popularity with time. You can look at the statistics mentioned below.
Above statistic shows that the number of websites made using sails.js is increasing with time. On the basis of this statistic, it can be clearly predicted that usage of sails.js is going to increase in the upcoming years.
- Sails.js has more than 19.8k Github stars
Sails.js Advantages & Disadvantages
- Socket.io support
- Store data at any location
- Rest API building process is fast
- Differentiates business logic from user-interface
- Free generation of JSON API
- Slow framework
- Poor management
- Time-consuming development
Loopback.js is a popular node.js framework that has a simple to use CLI and a dynamic API explorer. Moreover, it permits you to create models that are based on your schema.
Loopback is compatible with a good number of REST services and a wide variety of databases including MySQL, Oracle, MongoDB, Postgres, etc.
- Loopback.js has more than 11.9k Github stars.
Loopback.js advantages & disadvantages
- Full-stack development
- Very fast development
- Built-in user & access role feature
- Code is modular & structured
- Steep learning curve
- They are majorly paid
- Hard to use in huge and long term projects
- Monolithic architecture
Nest.js is quite flexible and progressive node.js rest API framework for creating streamlined, reliable and scalable server-side applications.
Nest.js uses Express and offers an out of the box application architecture that permits for the effortless creation of the highly testable, scalable, loosely coupled and easily maintainable applications. Nest CLI can be used to create nest.js applications with various features.
- Nest.js has more than 10k stars
Hapi.js is a node.js framework that helps serve data by intermediating between the server-side and client. Moreover, it is a good substitute for Express.
Also, it is a configuration driven pattern, conventionally modeled to control web server operations.
Hapi has the ability to create a server on a specific IP with several features such as onPreHandler.
- There is a deeper control over request handling
- More functions to create web servers
- Plugin based architecture for scaling
- Offers the availability of caching, authentication and input validation
- Hapi.js has more than 10k Github stars
Derby.js is a full-stack code.js framework for creating modern web applications. Derby.js offers you data synchronization between your server and client with an automatic conflict resolution.
Moreover, it allows you the opportunity to add customized codes to create highly efficient web applications.
- Derby.js has more than 4.35k stars
Total.js is a quick development node.js framework which needs little maintenance, with a good performance and an efficient scaling transition.
Moreover, it has various versions such as Total.js Eshop that contains a user interface which is specifically optimized for mobile devices.
- Total.js has more than 3.85k stars
Keystone.js is an open-source, lightweight, flexible and extensible node.js full-stack framework created on express and MongoDB.
It was designed to create database-driven websites, applications, and APIs.
Furthermore, it supports dynamic routes, database building blocks, form processing, and session management.
- Keystone.js has more than 350 GitHub stars
Hire App Developers in India at 100% Money-back Guarantee
Restify.js is a node.js REST API framework that uses connect style middleware. Furthermore, it is optimized for creating semantically correct RESTful web services ready for production use at scale.
- Restify.js has more than 9.4k stars
Adonis.js is a popular node.js web framework which is simple as well as stable with good looking syntax.
Moreover, it is an MVC framework that offers a stable ecosystem to write stable as well as server-side web applications from scratch.
- Adonis.js has more than 6.8k stars
I hope that now you are aware of all the top node.js frameworks to stay ahead in the competition in the upcoming year 2020.
If in case, you are a business and looking for someone to create node.js based web or mobile app for you, then there are certain node js development companies in India that you can consider for turning your dream idea into reality.