Prestashop Alternatives in 2020: Top eCommerce Platforms
Are you looking for the best eCommerce platform for your store? Well, this is such an important and big decision as this decides the future of your business. There are various eCommerce platforms and Prestashop is also one of them.
If you are aware of Prestashop and want to switch to other options then this blog is going to help you with good alternatives. Before you jump to other eCommerce platforms, let’s have a look at the market popularity of the Prestashop. Have a look at the below-given graph by Similar Tech which shows the market popularity of the Prestashop.
Without stretching too much time, let’s move towards the best alternatives. Let’s have a look at them:
Magento Open Source (formerly Community Edition)
Magento is one of the most famous and Open Source (formerly Community Edition), a cloud-based e-commerce platform which is built in PHP programming language. You can get hire Magento developers who provide the best Magento services with amazing and updated features that are really useful to a small business as well as to entrepreneurs. One of these features is an immersive drag-and-drop site builder, which allows full shop customization the way the user wants.
Magento eCommerce features:
- Drag-and-drop site builder
- Customer segmentation and profile building
- Full-scale content deployment
- Rule-based product relations
- Instant purchase cart
- Elastic search for handling large product catalogs
WooCommerce is the most popular WordPress eCommerce plugin which is known as web publishing and content management tool. This is really easy to use and an Open-source tool but is really famous among small businesses as well as large online merchants. WooCommerce also boasts a global online community of open-source developers.
- Lightweight and modular
- Built on WordPress
- Large open-source community
- More than 400 official extensions
- REST API and documentation
- Robust inventory management
- Seamless commerce content integrations
Yo!Kart – Multi-Vendor Marketplace
Yo! Kart is also one of the best eCommerce platforms which are known for unique and easy setup for multi-vendor eCommerce marketplaces like Amazon, eBay, Alibaba, etc. here you can get the quick and easy setup of multi-vendor marketplaces and there is no need of using any third-party plugins or add-ons. Apart from this, you are not required to pay fees on monthly or yearly as it is a licensed-based solution.
Highlighted features of Yo!Kart eCommerce platform:
- Product catalog system
- Multi-lingual & multi-currency
- Multiple payment gateways
- Ready to use mobile apps for buyers and sellers
- Separate vendor stores
- Upload up to 500k products within the base package
Quick eSelling is a free eCommerce platform to build an eCommerce website & app. The platform helps aspiring entrepreneurs go online instantly at zero capital investment and gives advanced eCommerce features for better customer engagement and retention. Also, the platform is easy to use and specifically designed for early age start-ups.
Highlighted features of Quick eSelling platform:
- Quick & Easy set up
- Single CMS to manage website & apps
- Fully managed and hosted solution
- Multiple payment gateways
- Easy integration with popular online marketplaces
- Powerful marketing tools
Ever wondered why India has become a hot-bed for Outsourcing eCommerce development projects? Know here
BigCommerce – Best for Small Business
This is also one of the best eCommerce platforms. BigCommerce is used by many eCommerce development companies in India. You can get a hosted eCommerce solution through this BigCommerce logo BigCommerce both as a full SaaS platform as well as a shopping cart for all kinds of websites. It is almost similar to Shopify.
Pros of Using BigCommerce
- This eCommerce platform possesses features of great store management capabilities. It provides a large number of features e.g. promotions, unlimited product variants, options to handle returns, coupons, and discounts. There is one more feature and that is the flexible shipping options which help in live quotes and rate calculation.
- Apart from this, BigCommerce communicates with Amazon, eBay, and social networks. This helps you to sell products in multiple locations. It provides a lot of marketing tools with features like granular controls, such as full control over the URL format.
- This is customizable and flexible with the help of multiple APIs. Apart from this, BigCommerce also provides a large app store with extensions for all kinds of requirements like email marketing, automation, and product promotion. You can get multiple payment options without any transaction fees.
Cons of Using BigCommerce
- BigCommerce does not provide template options. They provide only seven free templates. And talking about the premium themes, you may have to pay for them. And they can be a little expensive.
- It does not have POS features as in other solutions and comes with a sales limit on your plan. It’s highly expensive to get advanced features here.
Let’s have a look at this video:
Shopify – Best for Boutique Shops
Shopify has become one of the most well-known names in the eCommerce sphere. It’s a fully-featured hosted solution with hundreds of thousands of users. We also have a full article about it, if the information below is not enough for you.
Pros of Using Shopify
- This is also one of those platforms which are very easy to use and quick to set up. Here you just need to sign up with your email address and from here, you can begin to build and selling right away. Its interface is very easy to use and create products along with amazing SEO features like title tags and meta descriptions.
- Here you can get numbers of free mobile-optimized, amazing themes. You can get premium themes by paying extra charges. There is no need for coding in order to customize them. You are just required to use your mouse in order to make changes.
Cons of Using Shopify
- While you have to pay for a basic fee, at the same time, you may have to pay for plugins, themes, and features. And the payment structure is different like some are on a monthly basis and some are on a yearly basis. Additionally, there are transaction fees if you are not using the built-in payment system. This could be considered a little complex to deal with it.
- Another disadvantage related to customizing your site is that Shopify uses its own markup language called “Liquid”. As it runs of Ruby on Rails and thus makes it difficult to make changes using coding yourself.
Hopefully, these few alternatives of Prestashop will help you to switch from your present option to a new one. On the basis of your requirements, you can choose the one best eCommerce platform and get it developed by the best eCommerce development company.